The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emmapeeler on the Antiques Roadshow
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Avengers Books and Merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is the dealer that has these old mass market suits?
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
why bother
Thingumajig


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Sussex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh he's afriend of mine, David Oliver, he's mainly a prop guy and he loaned me one of Steeds Original bowler hats from his personal collection, for the 50th anniversay celebartions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why bother wrote:
Oh he's afriend of mine, David Oliver, he's mainly a prop guy and he loaned me one of Steeds Original bowler hats from his personal collection, for the 50th anniversay celebartions.
Oh lucky you. One day I'd like to buy one of his emmapeelers. I wonder if a good dress designer could make one close enough. What sizes did they come out with?
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
why bother
Thingumajig


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never checked what the sizes on them are to be honest, I think all the ones I've seen are quite small possibly a UK 10. I really don't know.
I think you could probably find a dress maker to make you one, if you look on some of the cosplay sites I've seen some very impressive recreations in the past.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a great site! How do you know about this stuff? It seems more modern day that having anything retro but I am impressed.
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
why bother
Thingumajig


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Museum site is mine which is still being constructed, and every item on the site is something that I own. I've been collecting TV / Film stuff for over 30 years.
The Cosplay stuff I don't know that much about but have a few friends into it , so have looked at a few sites in the past, it seems to spill out onto the TV/Film Comic mart scene quite a lot.
I will have a little hunt and find you a couple of Cosplay Mrs Peels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why bother wrote:
Well the Museum site is mine which is still being constructed, and every item on the site is something that I own. I've been collecting TV / Film stuff for over 30 years.
The Cosplay stuff I don't know that much about but have a few friends into it , so have looked at a few sites in the past, it seems to spill out onto the TV/Film Comic mart scene quite a lot.
I will have a little hunt and find you a couple of Cosplay Mrs Peels.
why bother you are so sweet!!! Cool. I am most impressed with your site. What a wonderful collection you must have!!
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
why bother
Thingumajig


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found you this on an American site if it's of interest to you.

http://www.richemporium.com/emmapeel.html

Also here are a couple of the best copies of Emmapeelers I've seen on Cosplay sites.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samaritanx/1355567155/

You need to scrol down a little for this one.

http://www.costumestationzero.com/?p=512
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you soooo much! Cool The 2nd and 3rd link, are those for sale or just viewing? The blue and pink one is really gorgeous. Many thanks for searching this out!!!
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
why bother
Thingumajig


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tthe 2nd and 3rd are just for viewing I think. The Blue one with the cut out I though was just fantastic.
So acurate to the costume in the show, some of these cosplay people go to such lengths to create screen acurate replicas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Her outfit was amazing. Looked very much like the the real thing. But at least it gives me hope that it can be done. The one for sale was very nice as well. I have been looking for this for awhile without any luck so again many thanks for finding it!
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 5013
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-clockwise wrote:
why bother wrote:
Well the Museum site is mine which is still being constructed, and every item on the site is something that I own. I've been collecting TV / Film stuff for over 30 years.
The Cosplay stuff I don't know that much about but have a few friends into it , so have looked at a few sites in the past, it seems to spill out onto the TV/Film Comic mart scene quite a lot.
I will have a little hunt and find you a couple of Cosplay Mrs Peels.
why bother you are so sweet!!! Cool. I am most impressed with your site. What a wonderful collection you must have!!


amen. quite the trove..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Avengers Books and Merchandise All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com