The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remaking the Avengers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ginandtonic
Little Wonder


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 195
Location: London

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and our script excels in creepyiness and on the edge of your seat thrills. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ketman
Thingumajig


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 92
Location: Newry NI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Looking forward to it, then. Best of luck with the whole project.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mona
Winged Avenger


Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 554
Location: Mesa, AZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally am completely UNinterested in an updated Avengersland filled with randomly new characters.

I am fan of "The Avengers"--of John Steed and his partners. I'm not a fan or emotionally involved in every pseudo-spy show or agent show or mystery show, with other male/woman partnered characters. If Steed and Partner aren't together, it shouldn't be considered "The Avengers"; it's just another spy show and we have too many of those already!

Mona
_________________
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only speak for ourselves, I agree.

I would be keen to see a weekly TV series set around the ideas from The Avengers and am always interested to see what became of Avengerland and any possible references to Steed and co.

It could never replace The Avengers but a 'Next Generation' that would attract a whole new audience in the same way that 'Nu Who' and the updated Sherlock have done would be more than fine by me.

There would be enough distance to be something quite separate and have the creativity to go beyond the perimeters of the original series, as well as the lapse of time to include or reject it from the original series.

I'm sure there are a lot of Shatner/Nimoy Star Trek fans that don't care for the various spin offs as well as Next Generation/Voyager/New Frontier fans that hasn't even watched, or are even interested in, the original.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add something I've thought about for a while ...

Because the very recent Marvel Avengers movie puts paid to any remake/sequel to any new project starring John Steed and co. being called 'The Avengers' (or The Real Avengers, Avengers: The Next Generation, The Avengers Return, The New New Avengers or any variation of that), there have been 23 James Bond films. Not one has ever been called 'James Bond'.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Just to add something I've thought about for a while ...

Because the very recent Marvel Avengers movie puts paid to any remake/sequel to any new project starring John Steed and co. being called 'The Avengers' (or The Real Avengers, Avengers: The Next Generation, The Avengers Return, The New New Avengers or any variation of that), there have been 23 James Bond films. Not one has ever been called 'James Bond'.


Should they call the next Avengers movie "John Steed" then? Or "The Steed Identity"? Wink It does kind of put paid to calling anything "The Avengers" for awhile, doesn't it (despite the UK "Avengers Assemble" intended to differentiate between the properties--apparently some people still went and were really disappointed that Emma was nowhere to be seen)? They could always go the comics route and call it something like "Steed and Mrs. Peel", I suppose.

After Skyfall, I'm waiting for "James Bond: Health and Safety" to be honest. Laughing
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best things about the show is they always came up with clever Agatha Christie-esque titles - Dial a Deadly Number, The Danger Makers, The Quick Quick Slow Death, All Done With Mirrors etc. Even Hot Snow. I'm sure a creative writer could create a winner.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
One of the best things about the show is they always came up with clever Agatha Christie-esque titles - Dial a Deadly Number, The Danger Makers, The Quick Quick Slow Death, All Done With Mirrors etc. Even Hot Snow. I'm sure a creative writer could create a winner.


They did indeed (even if Patrick had to have Hot Snow explained to him Wink ). It's interesting how in the sixties and seventies, they always showed the episode titles onscreen. Nowadays the trend seems to be to either not show the title onscreen, or to not bother giving them titles at all. Life on Mars' episodes were just called "1x01" etc.--the titles they have now are down to the fans coming up with something to label them by. I quite like having episode titles, and I wish more shows would highlight them again.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dreamt there was an Avengers remake last night - what had I eaten for supper! Laughing

ITV were showing a TV Movie that Patrick and Diana had made in the late 80's/early 90's. It was awful - bad print for a start, Patrick and Diana both looking badly dressed (I remember Diana looking quite frumpy). I remember thinking "This is their film and they're hardly in it!" It was mainly young American actors. Odd, but I thought I'd share.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
I dreamt there was an Avengers remake last night - what had I eaten for supper! Laughing

ITV were showing a TV Movie that Patrick and Diana had made in the late 80's/early 90's. It was awful - bad print for a start, Patrick and Diana both looking badly dressed (I remember Diana looking quite frumpy). I remember thinking "This is their film and they're hardly in it!" It was mainly young American actors. Odd, but I thought I'd share.


I love how detailed your brain was in making it up--cognizant to work out not only the bad wardrobe, but the shoddy print and where it was broadcast. I had to read the post twice because the detail was so good, I thought you were talking about a real TV movie. Laughing I'd probably watch it, bad wardrobe or not. Wink
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Maybe it was my subconscious telling me to be grateful they never decided to do the show again as it could have gone horribly wrong. I usually never remember dreams so it was just something to make me smile over my paper and coffee this morning.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Smile

Maybe it was my subconscious telling me to be grateful they never decided to do the show again as it could have gone horribly wrong. I usually never remember dreams so it was just something to make me smile over my paper and coffee this morning.


Possibly. In some ways it reminds me of the episode of Diana Patrick guest-starred in--the bad print makes them sound similar. It sounds amazingly legit--I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up in a series guide somewhere. Wink
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4202
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Smile

Maybe it was my subconscious telling me to be grateful they never decided to do the show again as it could have gone horribly wrong. I usually never remember dreams so it was just something to make me smile over my paper and coffee this morning.


Possibly. In some ways it reminds me of the episode of Diana Patrick guest-starred in--the bad print makes them sound similar. It sounds amazingly legit--I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up in a series guide somewhere. Wink


of course, have never seen a 'clean' copy of that episode...always some 4th or 5th generation dub...looking harsh..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diana (just the opening credits) fairly decent VHS copy.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Smile

Maybe it was my subconscious telling me to be grateful they never decided to do the show again as it could have gone horribly wrong. I usually never remember dreams so it was just something to make me smile over my paper and coffee this morning.


Possibly. In some ways it reminds me of the episode of Diana Patrick guest-starred in--the bad print makes them sound similar. It sounds amazingly legit--I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up in a series guide somewhere. Wink


of course, have never seen a 'clean' copy of that episode...always some 4th or 5th generation dub...looking harsh..


I swear I actually did see the full episode online at one point, but it was rather yellowy-orange looking, probably a print of a print of a print, as you say. If it looked like the link Dandy just posted, it would have been a huge improvement.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4202
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Diana (just the opening credits) fairly decent VHS copy.


wow...never have seen even a 'decent' or half baked copy. I've seen some very bad 5/6 generation dubs..so anything above that, would be a huge improvement..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Borgus Weems
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think of it, the more I think that the personalities involved, from acting to writing, plus the time period , made the Avengers. I think if the Avengers was to continue, it shouldn't be with any of our established characters, but instead with the idea of an updated Avengers organization that could be in the here and now, and based around a strong vision in the writing and actors of some screen presence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1960s Avengers was allowed time to evolve its style and its production techniques, and I don't think a modern series would be allowed to find its feet in the same way. Shows pretty much have to be an instant big money-spinner now or are cancelled after one season.

The strike which put the first season on hiatus in 1961 would've pretty much killed off any modern version. The Avengers just kept coming back Smile
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com