The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remaking the Avengers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bobbysteed
Nutshell


Joined: 10 Aug 2010
Posts: 36
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Remaking the Avengers? Reply with quote

I think they could make a Avenger's Movie and even bring back The Series. Rachel Stirling, Diana Rigg's Daughter could play Emma Peel. She is a good likeness of her mother. It would be Steed's role that would be hard to fill. It's definitly time to bring back The Avenger's. They have such Rubbish on The Telly these days. I hardly ever watch The Telly. They have really run out of Ideas in Hollywood and Borhamwood. Idiotic shows like Can You Dance? or a Crime Dramas and Hospital Shows. It's like they don't want you to dream no more or have a imagination. Mindless Shows like Friends or Seinfeld, we are bombarded with. God Forbid they put on a Adventure Series, Spy Program or Sci-FI. It usually gets pulled off a year later. Like Life on Mars. Well enough of my ranting, Bobby Very Happy
_________________
I am a Big Fan of The Avengers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder


Joined: 03 May 2010
Posts: 165
Location: Little Storping in the Swuff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it would be interesting to see Diana's daughter as Emma Peel...but I think that we all would be disappointed, because it's impossible to remake the good old avengers...
although it would be nice if they would show a sophisticated very british show at TV Smile Wink
_________________
Always keep your bowler on in times of stress!
Hoity-Toity!

http://theavengersrevisited.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4202
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Peel wrote:
yes, it would be interesting to see Diana's daughter as Emma Peel...but I think that we all would be disappointed, because it's impossible to remake the good old avengers...
although it would be nice if they would show a sophisticated very british show at TV Smile Wink



naw...don't remake it...can't be done...can't capture the era of the show, etc.

heck, look at that dreadful movie......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MRotten
Winged Avenger


Joined: 14 Oct 2009
Posts: 530
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:
Mrs. Peel wrote:
yes, it would be interesting to see Diana's daughter as Emma Peel...but I think that we all would be disappointed, because it's impossible to remake the good old avengers...
although it would be nice if they would show a sophisticated very british show at TV Smile Wink



naw...don't remake it...can't be done...can't capture the era of the show, etc.

heck, look at that dreadful movie......


The Avengers was a TV series with specific talents involved who made it the classic that it is. You cannot take just anyone and let them make something, call it "The Avengers", and make it work. The movie proved that. There is no one with the charm of Patrick Macnee around today. There is no one like Diana Rigg today. Directors today are not of the same caliber, either. The Avengers was of its time and should be left there. I'm glad it never turned into the monstrous franchise that Star Trek became.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several threads about the last Avengers movie and a remake already.

In short: they can't make a new film and call it 'The Avengers' because Marvel comics are making their own franchise of movies under that name (with Iron Man, Thor, etc) so that fact (plus the disasterous 98 movie) will put paid to any new motion picture.

However, I do believe a British/American Avengers-like project could be made, without using The Avengers name.

I have several ideas in case a BBC exec is reading this ... Wink
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bobbysteed
Nutshell


Joined: 10 Aug 2010
Posts: 36
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Re making The Avengers Reply with quote

True it would be tough to have someone fill Patrick Macnee's role. I still think Rachel Stirling could play Emma Peel well. As for Directors that's a different story. As for the Movie, what were they thinking? Uma Thuman as Emma! She was horrible. She could not even shine Diana Rigg's shoes as far as I'm concerned. Bobby Steed
_________________
I am a Big Fan of The Avengers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of ways you could go. The worst possible direction was what they did in 1997 - throw $80m into the mix making it a big budget picture. There was no need to do that, this isn't Star Trek.

It should have been a very retro, very small scale indie film if anything. No star names, no stunt casting, just unknown actors who were right for the parts.

My favourite idea for a remake is on the radio and a series of Big Finish CDs and downloads.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Allard
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1549
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't remake the Avengers, because it was to much part of it's era. If you want to make something as good, you have too make something that is to today what the Avengers was to the 1960s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MRotten
Winged Avenger


Joined: 14 Oct 2009
Posts: 530
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
There are lots of ways you could go. The worst possible direction was what they did in 1997 - throw $80m into the mix making it a big budget picture. There was no need to do that, this isn't Star Trek.

It should have been a very retro, very small scale indie film if anything. No star names, no stunt casting, just unknown actors who were right for the parts.

My favourite idea for a remake is on the radio and a series of Big Finish CDs and downloads.


.....yes, and in monochrome! That would have been the clincher. Alas, a low budget indie film would have been interesting, but instead we got the monstrosity that Warner Bros. cooked up. Sorry to spoil anyone's liking the film, but come on, The Avengers movie stank to high heaven in nearly every way. I liked some of the visuals, but everything else about it reeked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MRotten
Winged Avenger


Joined: 14 Oct 2009
Posts: 530
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allard wrote:
You can't remake the Avengers, because it was to much part of it's era. If you want to make something as good, you have too make something that is to today what the Avengers was to the 1960s.


Today? People walking around in terrible clothes and flashing their tattoos? No thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn about that. On the one hand, yes I agree. You cannot ever replicate a TV show with the same impact that The Avengers had in the same way. The same can be said for many of the classic shows.

That's why I would opt for a series with some, or all, the qualities of The Avengers. One foot in a 'never-neverland of tea and honey, Rupert Brooke and bowler hatted England and the other in a darker distorted place with queer goings on. And call it something else.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRotten wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
There are lots of ways you could go. The worst possible direction was what they did in 1997 - throw $80m into the mix making it a big budget picture. There was no need to do that, this isn't Star Trek.

It should have been a very retro, very small scale indie film if anything. No star names, no stunt casting, just unknown actors who were right for the parts.

My favourite idea for a remake is on the radio and a series of Big Finish CDs and downloads.


.....yes, and in monochrome! That would have been the clincher. Alas, a low budget indie film would have been interesting, but instead we got the monstrosity that Warner Bros. cooked up. Sorry to spoil anyone's liking the film, but come on, The Avengers movie stank to high heaven in nearly every way. I liked some of the visuals, but everything else about it reeked.


I very nearly included black and white funnily enough - and you'll get no argument with me over the 98 movie! Wink
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRotten wrote:
Allard wrote:
You can't remake the Avengers, because it was to much part of it's era. If you want to make something as good, you have too make something that is to today what the Avengers was to the 1960s.


Today? People walking around in terrible clothes and flashing their tattoos? No thanks.
Tattoos are so last decade. Even Goths/Emos are getting them removed/not getting them in the first place. It's all about Masai-style subdermal implants now (or so my First Aid trainer says).
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Remaking the Avengers? Reply with quote

bobbysteed wrote:
I think they could make a Avenger's Movie and even bring back The Series. Rachel Stirling, Diana Rigg's Daughter could play Emma Peel. She is a good likeness of her mother. It would be Steed's role that would be hard to fill. It's definitly time to bring back The Avenger's. They have such Rubbish on The Telly these days. I hardly ever watch The Telly. They have really run out of Ideas in Hollywood and Borhamwood. Idiotic shows like Can You Dance? or a Crime Dramas and Hospital Shows. It's like they don't want you to dream no more or have a imagination. Mindless Shows like Friends or Seinfeld, we are bombarded with. God Forbid they put on a Adventure Series, Spy Program or Sci-FI. It usually gets pulled off a year later. Like Life on Mars. Well enough of my ranting, Bobby Very Happy
Well Life on Mars and its sequel Ashes to Ashes did last for five seasons altogether in Britain, and were critically-acclaimed, but I take your point!
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4202
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
MRotten wrote:
Allard wrote:
You can't remake the Avengers, because it was to much part of it's era. If you want to make something as good, you have too make something that is to today what the Avengers was to the 1960s.


Today? People walking around in terrible clothes and flashing their tattoos? No thanks.
Tattoos are so last decade. Even Goths/Emos are getting them removed/not getting them in the first place. It's all about Masai-style subdermal implants now (or so my First Aid trainer says).


myself, an old geezer..59....heh heh heh! have never seen so many
tatoos on young people...some are very tasteful...(small) I've seen a few that cover a huge amount of body real estate...at work, this guy has
his arms covered in tatoos, and his shins....whoa !

i wonder how some of them will look, when they hit my age, or in their
early 70's ?


I did once see a girl with a tatoo of Mrs.Peel on her shoulder...

i stood there in slack jaw amazement....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MRotten
Winged Avenger


Joined: 14 Oct 2009
Posts: 530
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
MRotten wrote:
Allard wrote:
You can't remake the Avengers, because it was to much part of it's era. If you want to make something as good, you have too make something that is to today what the Avengers was to the 1960s.


Today? People walking around in terrible clothes and flashing their tattoos? No thanks.
Tattoos are so last decade. Even Goths/Emos are getting them removed/not getting them in the first place. It's all about Masai-style subdermal implants now (or so my First Aid trainer says).


If only it were true. I live in Hollywood and tattoo parlors are everywhere. Just as bad are camouflage shorts. Yuck. It's like people want to look disgusting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, be careful what you wish for because Diana Rigg has agreed to return to the role of Mrs Peel, updated for a modern audience.

Filming begins in the Autumn but I can reveal this exclusive promo pic ...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cybernowt
Little Wonder


Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 240

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Well, be careful what you wish for because Diana Rigg has agreed to return to the role of Mrs Peel, updated for a modern audience.

Filming begins in the Autumn but I can reveal this exclusive promo pic ...



I will of course believe that the day I decide to wear curlers in my hair to work!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vic Flange
Nutshell


Joined: 29 Dec 2009
Posts: 45
Location: Murdersville

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allard wrote:
You can't remake the Avengers, because it was to much part of it's era. If you want to make something as good, you have too make something that is to today what the Avengers was to the 1960s.


Totally agree, you could not capture the atmosphere and feeling of the original, we all saw what a balls up the film was!.......There is enough out there to keep us amused for ever! Wink
_________________
Last Watched:Super Secret Cypher Snatch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4202
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic Flange wrote:
Allard wrote:
You can't remake the Avengers, because it was to much part of it's era. If you want to make something as good, you have too make something that is to today what the Avengers was to the 1960s.


Totally agree, you could not capture the atmosphere and feeling of the original, we all saw what a balls up the film was!.......There is enough out there to keep us amused for ever! Wink


you can never go home again....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com