The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on home video (DVD/Blu-Ray/VHS/VoD/and others)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
I agree with you it's surprises me there has been no Avengers releases since A&E which was what, 15 years ago or something?


A quick check tells me that the second, "slimline" Emma megaset came out in 2006, which sounds about right. TNA was put out in 2003-2004 (I remember being so thrilled to have a region one release to replace my video-taped, incomplete collection, of episodes). Somehow it feels longer than seven years since a region one release, though. I can only assume that Canal hasn't seen a need to issue a new licence to put the show out since A&E's expired. They've kind of fallen off with region one releases of all these series, really--they never did finish releasing Randall and Hopkirk. It's only the new shows that are getting releases over here nowadays, it seems--things like the original Doctor Who are the exception. I haven't bought a region one DVD release of a British series in years.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I should have remembered the Emma Peel megaset, especially as I have it! I'm sure I bought it before 2006 though, possibly not.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Thanks. I should have remembered the Emma Peel megaset, especially as I have it! I'm sure I bought it before 2006 though, possibly not.


Depends which one you picked up. There were two Emma Peel megasets, one in 2001 that came out around the same time as all the other A&E DVDs, and the 2006 collector's edition, which was released with slimline casings (the 2001 version had standard sized cases). The 2006 version also had the bonus disc with the Keel episodes, etc. on it. If you think you got it before 2006, you're probably right! You just have the older version. Smile
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that'll be it then. My bonus disc was bought separately.

Sometimes you have to tell me twice before it sinks in, but I get it eventually - as my old school report used to say ..
Wink
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Ah, that'll be it then. My bonus disc was bought separately.

Sometimes you have to tell me twice before it sinks in, but I get it eventually - as my old school report used to say ..
Wink


Hey, I'm not judging--I don't even remember which one I have! Laughing I keep thinking I had both of them for some funny reason, but I think I must have just bought the bonus disc as well. But then I still have Emma and Cathy episodes on VHS, so who knows what I've got socked away. Wink
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris_s
White Dwarf


Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Posts: 7
Location: Oxon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The box set is now back in stock at Amazon Uk for 107 if anyone is interested. I've duly ordered a copy Very Happy . Can't wait to fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

Chris
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4285
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Thanks. I should have remembered the Emma Peel megaset, especially as I have it! I'm sure I bought it before 2006 though, possibly not.


Depends which one you picked up. There were two Emma Peel megasets, one in 2001 that came out around the same time as all the other A&E DVDs, and the 2006 collector's edition, which was released with slimline casings (the 2001 version had standard sized cases). The 2006 version also had the bonus disc with the Keel episodes, etc. on it. If you think you got it before 2006, you're probably right! You just have the older version. Smile


yup.bought the original Peel mega set in early 2002..with the larger dvd cases.

would love to chase down the 'bonus disc'

of course, could fancy the entire 39 disc set..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 217

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris_s wrote:
The box set is now back in stock at Amazon Uk for 107 if anyone is interested. I've duly ordered a copy Very Happy . Can't wait to fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

Chris


Looks like Amazon is out again, but another seller has it listed for 153.77 Pounds.

Was the 107 price with Amazon.uk?

Thanks for the updates..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4285
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando wrote:
chris_s wrote:
The box set is now back in stock at Amazon Uk for 107 if anyone is interested. I've duly ordered a copy Very Happy . Can't wait to fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

Chris


Looks like Amazon is out again, but another seller has it listed for 153.77 Pounds.

Was the 107 price with Amazon.uk?

Thanks for the updates..


WILL check out Ebay as well....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 217

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando wrote:
chris_s wrote:
The box set is now back in stock at Amazon Uk for 107 if anyone is interested. I've duly ordered a copy Very Happy . Can't wait to fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

Chris


Looks like Amazon is out again, but another seller has it listed for 153.77 Pounds.

Was the 107 price with Amazon.uk?

Thanks for the updates..


Any further news? I keep checking Amazon for the set, but I'm showing it from a 3rd party at 157 English pounds..

I would like to pick the set up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando wrote:

Any further news? I keep checking Amazon for the set, but I'm showing it from a 3rd party at 157 English pounds..

I would like to pick the set up.


You might struggle if it's as heavy as that. Wink
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 217

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Lando wrote:

Any further news? I keep checking Amazon for the set, but I'm showing it from a 3rd party at 157 English pounds..

I would like to pick the set up.


You might struggle if it's as heavy as that. Wink


Thanks. Sorry don't have a pound sign on my keyboard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 217

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to pick up the Optimum set and then sell my US A&E Peel set along with bonus disc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Lando wrote:

Any further news? I keep checking Amazon for the set, but I'm showing it from a 3rd party at 157 English pounds..

I would like to pick the set up.


You might struggle if it's as heavy as that. Wink


Thanks. Sorry don't have a pound sign on my keyboard.


I can never resist an open goal. Razz
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris_s
White Dwarf


Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Posts: 7
Location: Oxon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon had about 3 or 4 sets available at 107 - I saw the offer in the afternoon and by the evening they had gone with just sets from the 3rd party sellers for 150 or so remaining. Seems there is still quite a demand so I guess Amazon will restock again. Glad I got in quick!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 217

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris_s wrote:
Amazon had about 3 or 4 sets available at 107 - I saw the offer in the afternoon and by the evening they had gone with just sets from the 3rd party sellers for 150 or so remaining. Seems there is still quite a demand so I guess Amazon will restock again. Glad I got in quick!


Thank you.

I am wondering if they will restock. It is a limited edition set?

Hope I can pick one up when Amazon does have them back in stock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4062
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon UK are listing the Dutch one for 110:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVENGERS-Complete-Collection-1961-1969-DVDs/dp/B001NVGCNY/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1359331421&sr=1-2
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 217

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Amazon UK are listing the Dutch one for 110:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVENGERS-Complete-Collection-1961-1969-DVDs/dp/B001NVGCNY/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1359331421&sr=1-2


I saw that set as well. However I really want the Optimum set due to the new remastering of the episodes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4062
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I didn't realise the Dutch ones weren't remastered. Does anyone know if the German set has the new remasters?
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: The Edge of Avengerland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The German and the British sets are the only ones that use the remastered prints - but to get the German sets with all the remasters you have to grab the complete series set (Series 4 is not remastered in the standalone edition).

Remember, a lot of these questions are answered in my Little Wonders section at The Avengers Declassified:

http://declassified.theavengers.tv/wonders_main.htm
_________________
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger Books
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on home video (DVD/Blu-Ray/VHS/VoD/and others) All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com