The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good news for 2012 Avengers calendar!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Avengers Books and Merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cyberrich
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 995
Location: Midlands, U.K.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinus1994 wrote:
Tara46 wrote:
I actually had the Avengers 2013 calendar pre-ordered on Amazon earlier this year, but had the order cancelled by Amazon as they said it was no longer available. I see it is still listed on Amazon, but not available to order at the moment.

That's what Amazon told me first, too.
Then I've ordered it some weeks later again and then I got it...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994



You must be the only person to own the 2013 calendar! What do you think? Is it as good as the old calendars, or is it similar to last year's? Are you able to upload any photos? Thanks, Rich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sinus1994
Winged Avenger


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 604
Location: Hidden under Mrs Peel's bed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberrich wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote:
Tara46 wrote:
I actually had the Avengers 2013 calendar pre-ordered on Amazon earlier this year, but had the order cancelled by Amazon as they said it was no longer available. I see it is still listed on Amazon, but not available to order at the moment.

That's what Amazon told me first, too.
Then I've ordered it some weeks later again and then I got it...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994



You must be the only person to own the 2013 calendar! What do you think? Is it as good as the old calendars, or is it similar to last year's? Are you able to upload any photos? Thanks, Rich.


Arg!
I'm so sorry.
I haven't got the one for 2013...
I meant the calendar of this year.
Seems, that there was a mistake in my last post... I thought, I have written own that it was the one of 2012...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rhonda
Winged Avenger


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 666
Location: A town, UK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is featured in the calendar for September and Is it a good photo? Thanks!
_________________
Last Watched : Traitor In Zebra
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paulpdjh
Little Wonder


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 234
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photograph for September features Patrick Macnee and Linda Thorson. It's one of the early photos - Linda has blonde hair and is wearing a pink dress. Waterloo Bridge is in the background.

I guess it's down to personal preference as to whether it's a good one. Personally, I didn't think this was a good look for Linda - she looked much better as a brunette - but it does highlight a part of the show's history (as does the photo for May which featured Elizabeth Shepherd).
_________________
Paul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberrich
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 995
Location: Midlands, U.K.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if the 2013 Avengers calendar has been cancelled. It is no longer available for pre-order on amazon or any other site I've looked at. The cover had been designed, so it seems a bit strange. I must admit though the 2012 calendar was just not up to the standard of those classic calendars from slowdazzle. I'm glad I kept all mine from 1998-2010. They're crammed full of rare photos and bits of info. More like mini-books! Cool Are slowdazzle still going Question Could they be persuaded to pick up the Avengers rights again. I miss those old calendars. Rich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sinus1994
Winged Avenger


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 604
Location: Hidden under Mrs Peel's bed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad
I've pre-ordered it some days ago and today I'm told, that "this product" not available (any more - Neutral).
I don't understand, what's the problem with ordering and publishing the calendar this year.
I mean, last year I've bought the 2012 calendar around the same time and got it days later without any problems...

Yours sincerely,
Sinus1994
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rhonda
Winged Avenger


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 666
Location: A town, UK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2012 Calendar picture for December features Steed and Tara walking away. Walking away seems quite appropriate for the end of the year I think. Not that exciting though. I see it's from the one-off end credits of 'Invasion of the Earthmen'.
_________________
Last Watched : Traitor In Zebra
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the walking away is quite fitting for a year-end as well. Too bad we won't have another calendar in the new year, though. Sad
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sinus1994
Winged Avenger


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 604
Location: Hidden under Mrs Peel's bed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Crying or Very sad
The "other" Avengers got at least 2 or 3 different calendar for the next year.
And we have not only one!

Yours sincerely,
Sinus1994
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4007
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinus1994 wrote:
Yeah... Crying or Very sad
The "other" Avengers got at least 2 or 3 different calendar for the next year.
And we have not only one!

Yours sincerely,
Sinus1994
Wouldn't it be lovely if, like the Christmas banner event, we had a group-created effort (at least an online calendar, if a printed one is not possible)! If there were 13 entries in the Christmas banner competition, we might get as many for the Calendar. Perhaps artists could pick months, one each, first come first served, that they want to illustrate (photos or art) and we could all contribute facts for various dates (not for every day but at least a few per month)?
_________________
Last watched: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Station.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sinus1994
Winged Avenger


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 604
Location: Hidden under Mrs Peel's bed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a great idea Franky. Very Happy

Yours sincerely,
Sinus1994
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NickP
Little Wonder


Joined: 03 Oct 2011
Posts: 140

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: 2012 still available Reply with quote

I had an email this week from Amazon suggesting that I might like to buy the 2012 calendar!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/085768146X/ref=pe_25911_33477881_pe_vfe_dt1

"Only 4 left in stock (more on the way)."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4007
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 still available Reply with quote

NickP wrote:
I had an email this week from Amazon suggesting that I might like to buy the 2012 calendar!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/085768146X/ref=pe_25911_33477881_pe_vfe_dt1

"Only 4 left in stock (more on the way)."
I love the "More on the way!". Who knows where from! Is that so we can review all those amazing Avengers days of the year to date...
_________________
Last watched: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Station.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberrich
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 995
Location: Midlands, U.K.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the 2012 Avengers calendar isn't the very last one to see the light of day. I popped into a local shop today and they were selling loads of different TV related calendars, some which surprised me. Dallas, Mrs Browns boys, Game of thrones, even one for The Archers radio soap Exclamation Nothing for The Avengers though. Sad The 2012 calendar was disappointing, but I do miss those classic old calendars Jaz used to design. I'm so glad I kept them. When will we see the likes of them again Confused:Rich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rhonda
Winged Avenger


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 666
Location: A town, UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Bowler Hat and Country Seats' Calendar 2011 is a good one too; after watching The Master Minds recently we were reminded of the picture of the building in it. Hope we get something for 2014, but time is getting on!
_________________
Last Watched : Traitor In Zebra
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaunodan
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 04 Jan 2014
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth Shepherd looks gorgeous ... love the outfit...what did she do post Avengers Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhonda wrote:
The 'Bowler Hat and Country Seats' Calendar 2011 is a good one too; after watching The Master Minds recently we were reminded of the picture of the building in it. Hope we get something for 2014, but time is getting on!


exactly..but there will probably be NO calender for 2015...let along for 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaz
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 391

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberrich wrote:
It looks as if the 2013 Avengers calendar has been cancelled. It is no longer available for pre-order on amazon or any other site I've looked at. The cover had been designed, so it seems a bit strange. I must admit though the 2012 calendar was just not up to the standard of those classic calendars from slowdazzle. I'm glad I kept all mine from 1998-2010. They're crammed full of rare photos and bits of info. More like mini-books! Cool Are slowdazzle still going Question Could they be persuaded to pick up the Avengers rights again. I miss those old calendars. Rich.


Slow Dazzle are no longer trading
_________________


I ask the most stupid questions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaz
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 391

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberrich wrote:
I hope the 2012 Avengers calendar isn't the very last one to see the light of day. I popped into a local shop today and they were selling loads of different TV related calendars, some which surprised me. Dallas, Mrs Browns boys, Game of thrones, even one for The Archers radio soap Exclamation Nothing for The Avengers though. Sad The 2012 calendar was disappointing, but I do miss those classic old calendars Jaz used to design. I'm so glad I kept them. When will we see the likes of them again Confused:Rich.


I enjoyed designing them too - the best bit was spending most of the year tracking down rare pictures from various archives and vaults
_________________


I ask the most stupid questions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaz wrote:
cyberrich wrote:
I hope the 2012 Avengers calendar isn't the very last one to see the light of day. I popped into a local shop today and they were selling loads of different TV related calendars, some which surprised me. Dallas, Mrs Browns boys, Game of thrones, even one for The Archers radio soap Exclamation Nothing for The Avengers though. Sad The 2012 calendar was disappointing, but I do miss those classic old calendars Jaz used to design. I'm so glad I kept them. When will we see the likes of them again Confused:Rich.


I enjoyed designing them too - the best bit was spending most of the year tracking down rare pictures from various archives and vaults


Hopefully something is coming for 2015?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Avengers Books and Merchandise All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com