The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be Avengers Blu Rays?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on DVD/Blu Ray
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cyberrich
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 995
Location: Midlands, U.K.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a matter of time. The cynic in me thinks they were waiting for everyone to buy the dvd's first. Is everyone going to buy them all again on blu ray? Will the difference be that noticeable from the dvd's. I don't have a blu ray player yet, but I've heard if you play dvd's on a blu ray player, the discs virtually play in blu ray quality anyway. Have I been told correctly? The only dvd box set I haven't bought yet are TNA, so I will wait for the blu ray set. I expect it will be released eventually. Idea Rich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberrich wrote:
I thought it was a matter of time. The cynic in me thinks they were waiting for everyone to buy the dvd's first. Is everyone going to buy them all again on blu ray? Will the difference be that noticeable from the dvd's. I don't have a blu ray player yet, but I've heard if you play dvd's on a blu ray player, the discs virtually play in blu ray quality anyway. Have I been told correctly? The only dvd box set I haven't bought yet are TNA, so I will wait for the blu ray set. I expect it will be released eventually. Idea Rich.


I'm interested in The Avengers, The Saint and The Persuaders on blu ray.

I live in the US though, so I am waiting for Region 1 and or region free blu ray releases.

It's killing me to not be able to pick up The Persuaders blu ray set, but its locked to the UK region. Such a bummer. I've looked into mod blu ray players, but they are too pricey. I have The Saint, The Persuaders and The Avengers DVD sets from the UK. I would upgrade to blu ray for all of those series. The picture and audio quality on blu ray is stunning, IMO.

I noted that The Avengers iTunes release is only 720p as well. I again will wait for a blu ray release...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon On Demand is also 720p, unless connected through TiVo which then bumps it up to 1080i..

What is the quality of the videos?
The video quality we deliver will depend on your internet connection. We'll automatically detect your connection speed and send you the highest quality stream your connection can support. Our standard definition files are comparable to DVD quality and our HD files are even better. Our HD files are streamed in high-quality 720p resolution, or can be downloaded to TiVo at 1080i resolution.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando wrote:
cyberrich wrote:
I thought it was a matter of time. The cynic in me thinks they were waiting for everyone to buy the dvd's first. Is everyone going to buy them all again on blu ray? Will the difference be that noticeable from the dvd's. I don't have a blu ray player yet, but I've heard if you play dvd's on a blu ray player, the discs virtually play in blu ray quality anyway. Have I been told correctly? The only dvd box set I haven't bought yet are TNA, so I will wait for the blu ray set. I expect it will be released eventually. Idea Rich.


I'm interested in The Avengers, The Saint and The Persuaders on blu ray.

I live in the US though, so I am waiting for Region 1 and or region free blu ray releases.

It's killing me to not be able to pick up The Persuaders blu ray set, but its locked to the UK region. Such a bummer. I've looked into mod blu ray players, but they are too pricey. I have The Saint, The Persuaders and The Avengers DVD sets from the UK. I would upgrade to blu ray for all of those series. The picture and audio quality on blu ray is stunning, IMO.

I noted that The Avengers iTunes release is only 720p as well. I again will wait for a blu ray release...


same here..however, i don't think a U.S. Release in region 1, is on the horzion, any time soon..if so, I would buy inna heartbeat....and I haven't located a decent priced multi-region blu-ray player..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ikbtops
Little Wonder


Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 115
Location: Location,Location

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops duplicate post.

Last edited by ikbtops on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikbtops wrote:
Season 5 in HD is also available on Amazon instant streaming.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J5GAG5Y/ref=redir_mdp_mobile


Hopefully a region free blu ray set is in the works!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
peabody
Little Wonder


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 226
Location: MACS0647-JD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Hodson @ Roobarb's wrote:
The French are releasing the fourth series on BD in November: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00MJDE6C4/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?qid=1407536421&ref_=sr_1_53&s=dvd&sr=1-53
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando wrote:
ikbtops wrote:
Season 5 in HD is also available on Amazon instant streaming.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J5GAG5Y/ref=redir_mdp_mobile


Hopefully a region free blu ray set is in the works!

lord, yes.......but I wouldn't count on it, any time soon...(sigh)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MLP*
Thingumajig


Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK release of series 4 in November :

http://www.moviemail.com/film/blu-ray/The-Avengers-The-Complete-Series-4/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
supersimon
Thingumajig


Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 94
Location: Timperley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell! How has this sneaked under the radar?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supersimon wrote:
Bloody hell! How has this sneaked under the radar?


great for that region......wondering about a U.S. release ???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1401
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56.99 down from RRP of 79.99 ??? They're having a laugh.
The whole series 1-6 boxed set was 200 on first release and dropped to 125 or so pretty quickly - it's 98 on Amazon at the moment.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1682

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLP* wrote:
UK release of series 4 in November :

http://www.moviemail.com/film/blu-ray/The-Avengers-The-Complete-Series-4/
Kind of amazing we finally have our wish. Although I love the way they say it is complete series 4. hardly complete. Seems like a way to milk the audience by charging large amounts for each series rather than 1 price for the whole set. Well we never thought the day would come so this is a welcome surprise. Just drop the price. Sale price of 56GBP is gouging.
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeR
Epic


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 1031
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no mention regarding the inclusion of the extras that were on the DVD sets and I agree that StudioCanal are out to make as much as they can and from that point of view I cannot see myself paying out for something I already have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1682

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR wrote:
There's no mention regarding the inclusion of the extras that were on the DVD sets and I agree that StudioCanal are out to make as much as they can and from that point of view I cannot see myself paying out for something I already have.
no extras? and for that price. It is a wonder they think they can make a profit at that price.
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4007
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-clockwise wrote:
MLP* wrote:
UK release of series 4 in November :

http://www.moviemail.com/film/blu-ray/The-Avengers-The-Complete-Series-4/
Kind of amazing we finally have our wish. Although I love the way they say it is complete series 4. hardly complete. Seems like a way to milk the audience by charging large amounts for each series rather than 1 price for the whole set. Well we never thought the day would come so this is a welcome surprise. Just drop the price. Sale price of 56GBP is gouging.
Back in the videotape days of the 1990s, you'd pay that for ten episodes, easily. In "wonderful" unrestored VHS "quality".
_________________
Last watched: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Station.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1682

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:
MLP* wrote:
UK release of series 4 in November :

http://www.moviemail.com/film/blu-ray/The-Avengers-The-Complete-Series-4/
Kind of amazing we finally have our wish. Although I love the way they say it is complete series 4. hardly complete. Seems like a way to milk the audience by charging large amounts for each series rather than 1 price for the whole set. Well we never thought the day would come so this is a welcome surprise. Just drop the price. Sale price of 56GBP is gouging.
Back in the videotape days of the 1990s, you'd pay that for ten episodes, easily. In "wonderful" unrestored VHS "quality".
well that is true. Is anyone planning to buy if the price stays like this?
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dene
Nutshell


Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-clockwise wrote:
Is anyone planning to buy if the price stays like this?

If it's proper, 1080p versions of S4 of The Avengers, then yes, I probably will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MLP*
Thingumajig


Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-clockwise wrote:
MLP* wrote:
UK release of series 4 in November :

http://www.moviemail.com/film/blu-ray/The-Avengers-The-Complete-Series-4/
Kind of amazing we finally have our wish. Although I love the way they say it is complete series 4. hardly complete. Seems like a way to milk the audience by charging large amounts for each series rather than 1 price for the whole set.


The videotaped episodes can't be remastered in HD so there can't be a "complete" set like there was on DVD.

And for many people I suspect The Avengers still means Mrs Peel so I'm not sure a set with all of the Emma Peel and Tara King episodes in it would appeal to everyone.

mousemeat wrote:
supersimon wrote:
Bloody hell! How has this sneaked under the radar?


great for that region......wondering about a U.S. release ???


Your wish is my command :

http://videoeta.com/movie/165002/the-avengers-season-5/

Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jace
Thingumajig


Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 75
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 5 now listed for US Blu-Ray from A&E. I wonder if these will be the Optimum transfers?

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Season-Blu-ray-Patrick-MacNee/dp/B00MVIYKVE/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-3&keywords=the+avengers
_________________
www.spyvibe.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on DVD/Blu Ray All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com