The CLOSED Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The CLOSED Avengers International Fan Forum
WE HAVE MOVED!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3.16 - The Medicine Men

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CLOSED Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Series 3 - Cathy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate 'The Medicine Men'
10
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
8
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
7
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
6
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Message
darren
Mission... Highly Improbable!


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2081
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: 3.16 - The Medicine Men Reply with quote

Written by Malcolm Hulke

Directed by Kim Mills

Production completed: 8 November 1963
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rhonda
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 853
Location: A town, UK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 for me. They certainly get some difficult cases to solve which requires a lot of deduction and its quite enjoyable.
_________________
Ron
Last Watched : Trap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Allard
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2076
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starts out as a bit of on odd one, Steed explaining the fake merchandise thing, more like a series two episode with a weak plot.

But it really picks up, a good henchmen (*woman), Steeds ridiculous Icelandic persona, some good Steed and Cathy action and a quite serious plot by the bad guys to poison an entire population.

Not a bad episode on closer inspection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 6312
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhonda wrote:
6 for me. They certainly get some difficult cases to solve which requires a lot of deduction and its quite enjoyable.



good choice....number 6..but I leaned towards number 7...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5671
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one of the best, but not terrible. The villains are a bit lacklustre, except the remarkable Peter Barkworth but he doesn't appear to be a villain until his final scene. The sets are okay but pale in comparison to the remarkable multi-level ones from Second Sight shown the week before. And Kim Mills is no Peter Hammond, all the mirrors have disappeared, though he does attempt two moving shots from behind bits of the set and through glass.

Piers' site says "11:07 - Honor Blackman chucks her towel away when she enters the shower, and the mid shot when she’s in there is a bit low, and her right nipple is inadvertently shown on screen."

However Honor Blackman would not have been topless in front of the entire studio crew. It's now clear that it is not her nipple that's on screen - with the increased field of view showing the overscan area (via the Optimum DVDs) you can see that both Cathy's bosoms are covered by a strapless bra of some kind, probably the same kind of flesh-coloured bikini top as used in The Decapod's opening shower scene. There's just a bit of shadow of the sharp edge of her bra/top.
_________________
Last watched: "The Medicine Men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 2708
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite right, I will amend. The print I made this comment from was not so clear.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5671
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
Quite right, I will amend. The print I made this comment from was not so clear.
Yes, I quite understand. The recent sets which I'm watching for the first time are revelatory - visually improved in many ways. The hairs in the gate are clearer too Very Happy

60s telly could be risqué, I recall a shower scene in a black-and-white episode of The Saint with Justine Lord, where she was silhouetted behind a frosted shower screen and there was definitely a hint of nip!
_________________
Last watched: "The Medicine Men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 6312
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Not one of the best, but not terrible. The villains are a bit lacklustre, except the remarkable Peter Barkworth but he doesn't appear to be a villain until his final scene. The sets are okay but pale in comparison to the remarkable multi-level ones from Second Sight shown the week before. And Kim Mills is no Peter Hammond, all the mirrors have disappeared, though he does attempt two moving shots from behind bits of the set and through glass.

Piers' site says "11:07 - Honor Blackman chucks her towel away when she enters the shower, and the mid shot when she’s in there is a bit low, and her right nipple is inadvertently shown on screen."

However Honor Blackman would not have been topless in front of the entire studio crew. It's now clear that it is not her nipple that's on screen - with the increased field of view showing the overscan area (via the Optimum DVDs) you can see that both Cathy's bosoms are covered by a strapless bra of some kind, probably the same kind of flesh-coloured bikini top as used in The Decapod's opening shower scene. There's just a bit of shadow of the sharp edge of her bra/top.




then it was the olde body double...which was a standard practice around that time frame...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5671
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how Honor goes into the shower then has to let it spray on her chin but not get on her hair, and Kim Mills makes her hold that daft pose for absolutely ages until it looks like she actually starts laughing for real.
_________________
Last watched: "The Medicine Men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CLOSED Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Series 3 - Cathy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com