The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Blu-Ray - Series 5 release
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on DVD/Blu Ray
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Darren
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1730
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: US Blu-Ray - Series 5 release Reply with quote

It mentioned in the other thread but deserves it's own thread considering the poor other US releases.

http://videoeta.com/movie/165002/the-avengers-season-5/

Due for release November 11 2014

Shame they aren't starting with series 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jace
Thingumajig


Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 78
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 5 news posted on SPY VIBE, as well:

http://spyvibe.blogspot.com/2014/08/avengers-blu-ray.html
_________________
www.spyvibe.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
John Johnson
Nutshell


Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace wrote:
Season 5 news posted on SPY VIBE, as well:

http://spyvibe.blogspot.com/2014/08/avengers-blu-ray.html


I wonder if it will have the same set of extras from UK dvd set? I'm a little bit cautious about this release, so I'll wait until the reviews are in. The article also mentions PAL speed up on the UK sets. I have a US machine that's modified and I don't notice any speed up on my UK discs at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Jace
Thingumajig


Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 78
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm cautious, as well. it might be A&E's own transfer, and possible without features. we'll know soon, i think.

as for the speed-up playing optimum DVDs in the us, check out the video link i posted in the article and compare with sound on your player. i noted definite pitch increase on my all-region player. let me know how yours compares.
_________________
www.spyvibe.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ikbtops
Little Wonder


Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 115
Location: Location,Location

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace wrote:
i'm cautious, as well. it might be A&E's own transfer, and possible without features. we'll know soon, i think.

as for the speed-up playing optimum DVDs in the us, check out the video link i posted in the article and compare with sound on your player. i noted definite pitch increase on my all-region player. let me know how yours compares.

Yes definite speed up on my player set as well. I corrected the pitch via GarageBand on my iMac and burned new DVDs of the episodes I watch the most. This is great news! I hope it does well and the other filmed seasons including The New Avengers will eventually appear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those the fixed DVDs (Optimum region 2 final versions), which have had the PAL speedup pitch-corrected down to a 24fps equivalent? Seems strange they would speed up again on a multi-region player.
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4202
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Are those the fixed DVDs (Optimum region 2 final versions), which have had the PAL speedup pitch-corrected down to a 24fps equivalent? Seems strange they would speed up again on a multi-region player.


interested in seeing these...hope they don't screw it up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ikbtops
Little Wonder


Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 115
Location: Location,Location

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Are those the fixed DVDs (Optimum region 2 final versions), which have had the PAL speedup pitch-corrected down to a 24fps equivalent? Seems strange they would speed up again on a multi-region player.

I purchased the set May of 2012. I don't know how to tell if they're the final version though. My Pal region 2 set of the Persuaders on Blu Ray suffers no pitch issues. It's seems like an issue with the dvd set. I have a couple of region 2 Tomorrow people Dvd sets and they don't suffer with pal speed up either,although they are from videotape and not film. Speed up shouldn't be a problem on blu ray no matter the region from what I understand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: US Blu-Ray - Series 5 release Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
It mentioned in the other thread but deserves it's own thread considering the poor other US releases.

http://videoeta.com/movie/165002/the-avengers-season-5/

Due for release November 11 2014

Shame they aren't starting with series 4.


Pre ordered!! So excited! Finally!!!

I'd also like to know about the transfers.

Interesting that season 4 is coming to France and the UK as well? I'm sure they are region locked?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Johnson
Nutshell


Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: US Blu-Ray - Series 5 release Reply with quote

Lando wrote:
Darren wrote:
It mentioned in the other thread but deserves it's own thread considering the poor other US releases.

http://videoeta.com/movie/165002/the-avengers-season-5/

Due for release November 11 2014

Shame they aren't starting with series 4.


Pre ordered!! So excited! Finally!!!

I'd also like to know about the transfers.

Interesting that season 4 is coming to France and the UK as well? I'm sure they are region locked?


The link on Amazon UK doesn't seem to list an official release. Are you sure it's legit?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Avengers-Series-4/dp/B002SZQC5C/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1408928489&sr=1-3&keywords=the+avengers+season+4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: US Blu-Ray - Series 5 release Reply with quote

John Johnson wrote:
Lando wrote:
Darren wrote:
It mentioned in the other thread but deserves it's own thread considering the poor other US releases.

http://videoeta.com/movie/165002/the-avengers-season-5/

Due for release November 11 2014

Shame they aren't starting with series 4.


Pre ordered!! So excited! Finally!!!

I'd also like to know about the transfers.

Interesting that season 4 is coming to France and the UK as well? I'm sure they are region locked?


The link on Amazon UK doesn't seem to list an official release. Are you sure it's legit?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Avengers-Series-4/dp/B002SZQC5C/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1408928489&sr=1-3&keywords=the+avengers+season+4
I thought it wasn't coming out till November.
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timlamb
Thingumajig


Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote Lionsgate on this. I suggest others do the same. general-inquiries@lionsgate.com

"The is in reference to The Avengers season 5 on bluray. Reports are showing this to be a 3 disc set. That is 8, 52 minute episodes on a BD-50. So we are talking a bitrate or around 13 mbps by the time you add in the 5.1 dts-hd track. We haven’t included the extras yet either that are extensive for fans of the series and owned by studio canal so it would be foolish not to include them. I would say 5 episodes max per disc to maintain any measure of quality. If you need to raise the price do so! It is fantastically priced but for a show of this significance it deserves far better than 13 mbps video. Now if the 3 disc info released was in error my apologies. I look forward to hearing your response."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avenger54
White Dwarf


Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mailed Studio Canal in the UK about their plans to release The Avengers series on BD in 2014. Series 4 is scheduled for November 2014, also released in France in November. This was their reply:

We intend to release Series 4,5 and 6 on blu-ray.

Series 4 – 7 discs
Series 5 – 7 discs
Series 6 – 9 discs

That is our intention at the moment…
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
starboy9091
Nutshell


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVShowsonDVD updated their previous information. It will be in Full Screen and have 3 discs.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Avengers-Season-5/20241


From the studio:

"John Steed (MacNee) works for British Intelligence, and the cases he finds are always a bit odd, just on the edge of science fiction. Steed is the ultimate in culture and grace as he saves the world each week, along with his female partner Emma Peel (Rigg). Faced with solving problems such as cyborg killers, a city built under a disused coal mine, a gang put together for adrenalin junkies and a killer who uses a concentrated cold virus to kill his victims by having them sneeze to death, there is never a dull moment at work for this delightful duo.

Keep up with the witty and stylish crime fighting duo as they embark on new adventures when The Avengers: Season 5 arrives for the first time ever on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD) November 11 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. This classic series follows the escapades of the eccentrically suave John Steed and the strong and sexy Emma Peel, two secret agents whose mission is to face the most mysterious and dangerous situations - although slightly peculiar. Starring Patrick MacNee (TV's "Night Man," Thunder in Paradise) and Diana Rigg (HBO's "Game of Thrones," The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries), the three-disc set features all 24 episodes of Season 5, the first season in color, with never-before-seen artwork. The Avengers: Season 5 will be available for the affordable suggested retail price of $29.99."

Brad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timlamb
Thingumajig


Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That better be wrong!!! That is identical their original post with the exception of the widescreen. I am highly doubting 3 discs. No one has ever put 8 episodes per disc. 400-425 minutes max on a BD-50 is fine. Also we still don't know about extras. If it is 7 discs as studio canal has stated I expect all the extras.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ikbtops
Little Wonder


Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 115
Location: Location,Location

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Blu ray forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickactual
...So I called Lionsgate. Got a receptionist on the phone...Told her why I was calling and she connected me to a woman who should be able to answer the questions. She was not available, so I left my name, questions, and phone number on her voice mail.
Quick update on the US Lionsgate fiasco:
After still not getting the courtesy of a return call after 2 weeks, I broke down & called again today. I actually got a woman in the home video dept. on the line. The info I got was:
1) They are only planning on releasing S5 here in the U.S. - no immediate plans for S4 or S6.
2) It's 24 eps on 3 discs.
3) Aspect ratio is "full frame". I'm assuming she means 1.33:1, but she couldn't offer any further information.

Soooo wishing those UK releases would be region free right about now."

It looks like the Region A release might be double sided disc, if we're lucky.

Either way, I'm planing on sticking to the French/UK releases and buying the US season 5 release to tide me over until Studio Canal releases the other seasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4202
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Are those the fixed DVDs (Optimum region 2 final versions), which have had the PAL speedup pitch-corrected down to a 24fps equivalent? Seems strange they would speed up again on a multi-region player.


why can't they get this right ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timlamb
Thingumajig


Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marissa_Cohnen@bhimpact.com is listed as the point of contact for the US release.

I added when I e-mailed her. "
"Looking at the press release of 1293 minutes / 3 = overs 7 hours of content per BD-50. Way too much content for any amount of quality. The most I have ever seen on a BD-50 is 4 - 4.5 hours of content for a BD-50. Keeps the bitrate around 20 mbps. It is especially disappointing that the UK and France have confirmed their release of season 4 and 5 will be 7 disc sets!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lando
Little Wonder


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avenger54 wrote:
I mailed Studio Canal in the UK about their plans to release The Avengers series on BD in 2014. Series 4 is scheduled for November 2014, also released in France in November. This was their reply:

We intend to release Series 4,5 and 6 on blu-ray.

Series 4 – 7 discs
Series 5 – 7 discs
Series 6 – 9 discs

That is our intention at the moment…


Hopefully the U.S. market will also release other seasons on blu Ray as well.
Looking forward to the set!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4202
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando wrote:
avenger54 wrote:
I mailed Studio Canal in the UK about their plans to release The Avengers series on BD in 2014. Series 4 is scheduled for November 2014, also released in France in November. This was their reply:

We intend to release Series 4,5 and 6 on blu-ray.

Series 4 – 7 discs
Series 5 – 7 discs
Series 6 – 9 discs

That is our intention at the moment…


Hopefully the U.S. market will also release other seasons on blu Ray as well.
Looking forward to the set!!!


yes...hoping.....but i would not count on it. makes me sad..that this is constantly being screwed up.....and more --here in the states..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on DVD/Blu Ray All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com