The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Lost Episodes - New Releases
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off: Big Finish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alan
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2940
Location: The Edge of Avengerland

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: The Lost Episodes - New Releases Reply with quote

Coming in January 2016

Read about it here:
http://declassified.theavengers.tv/big_finish_news.htm

and here:
http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-avengers-the-lost-episodes---volume-5

Sorry for having to start a new topic, but a slew of the topics in this area have been locked for some reason, maybe by mistake?
_________________
Alan
--
The Avengers Declassified

Hidden Tiger Books - now available: Avengerworld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lhbizness
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 975

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess they are even doing the episodes that are already available in full (Girl on a Trapeze and The Frighteners)? That'll make for an interesting comparison.
_________________
"It's a conflict of science and humanity! Equations, isotherms...I have a dynamic too."

Avengers Episode Reviews: The Undertakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1471
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, Alan, threads are now unlocked.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 590
Location: Northampton

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to this release and, for the first time Alan, I'm going to use your book on s1 as a reference while listening to them! Do doubly looking forward to the set coming out!

Regards the old threads, they were locked because they were not release specific and predated the tidy up/fresh start for our Big Finish forum. My intention was to start a new thread for each new title, so thanks for doing that for me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 590
Location: Northampton

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lhbizness wrote:
So I guess they are even doing the episodes that are already available in full (Girl on a Trapeze and The Frighteners)? That'll make for an interesting comparison.

Yes, that's interesting because originally they said they definitely were not going to remake the existing episodes. I was hoping they would change their mind so that it was a complete adaptation of all the original stories, and as you say the opportunity to compare will also be very interesting...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lhbizness
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 975

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Lhbizness wrote:
So I guess they are even doing the episodes that are already available in full (Girl on a Trapeze and The Frighteners)? That'll make for an interesting comparison.

Yes, that's interesting because originally they said they definitely were not going to remake the existing episodes. I was hoping they would change their mind so that it was a complete adaptation of all the original stories, and as you say the opportunity to compare will also be very interesting...


A friend on tumblr informed me that Canal+ was insisting on the full season because the first two volumes were so successful. Don't know if that's true, but he's usually pretty dependable with information like that.

While this somewhat confirms my concerns about overwriting the original series, it will at least be a chance to compare the performances of Macnee and Hendry with the audio actors.
_________________
"It's a conflict of science and humanity! Equations, isotherms...I have a dynamic too."

Avengers Episode Reviews: The Undertakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alan
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2940
Location: The Edge of Avengerland

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Lhbizness wrote:
So I guess they are even doing the episodes that are already available in full (Girl on a Trapeze and The Frighteners)? That'll make for an interesting comparison.

Yes, that's interesting because originally they said they definitely were not going to remake the existing episodes. I was hoping they would change their mind so that it was a complete adaptation of all the original stories, and as you say the opportunity to compare will also be very interesting...


It'll be interesting, though it does make the "Lost Episodes" moniker a tad inaccurate in Girl on the Trapeze's case!
_________________
Alan
--
The Avengers Declassified

Hidden Tiger Books - now available: Avengerworld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 590
Location: Northampton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volume 4 is out now, containing another four adaptations.

It will probably be a month or two before I catch up with them, but if anyone would to beat me to reviewing them please feel free!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DerekD
Little Wonder


Joined: 10 Jun 2014
Posts: 114
Location: Belfast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a copy on the way via an eBay seller (17.95 delivered). Amazon still think the release date is the end of July so I've cancelled my pre order with them and saved £12 in the process....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darren
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1719
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julian Wadham said in the Vortex Magazine:

“From what I’ve heard, STUDIOCANAL, who own the rights to The Avengers, have been very pleased with the results of what we’ve done, so who knows, perhaps we could get their permission to do more with Steed and Keel when we’ve finished these episodes?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 590
Location: Northampton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea, and I would certainly carry on with them based on what I have heard so far, but there's a long way to go yet with the reconstructions...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
denis rigg
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 961
Location: Moscow, Russia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In July 2016 scheduled the release the sixth volume of audio series "The Avengers: the Lost Episodes". Volume will contain the following episodes: "The Frighteners", "Death on the Slipway " and "Tunnel of Fear".

Cover of sixth volume.



Seventh volume, the last in this audio series, is scheduled for release in January 2017.
_________________
Russian fan-site Steedumbrella.
http://steedumbrella.ru

Denis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denis rigg wrote:
In July 2016 scheduled the release the sixth volume of audio series "The Avengers: the Lost Episodes". Volume will contain the following episodes: "The Frighteners", "Death on the Slipway " and "Tunnel of Fear".


All three were hugely enjoyable, although I found 'Death on the Slipway' some what confusing initially. A quick read through of a detailed synopsis of the story on line and a relisten and things became much clearer. For reasons of my own I found 'Tunnel of Fear' utterly fascinating. Roll on Jan 2017 for the final box set release, although I'll be sad that these 'Lost Episodes' will have come to their natural conclusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 590
Location: Northampton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengerholic wrote:
denis rigg wrote:
In July 2016 scheduled the release the sixth volume of audio series "The Avengers: the Lost Episodes". Volume will contain the following episodes: "The Frighteners", "Death on the Slipway " and "Tunnel of Fear".


All three were hugely enjoyable, although I found 'Death on the Slipway' some what confusing initially. A quick read through of a detailed synopsis of the story on line and a relisten and things became much clearer. For reasons of my own I found 'Tunnel of Fear' utterly fascinating. Roll on Jan 2017 for the final box set release, although I'll be sad that these 'Lost Episodes' will have come to their natural conclusion.

There's a couple of episodes where I had to read the relevant sections of The Curious Case of the Missing Episodes to work out what was going on, but I'm happier that the writers did stick to the original style of scene construction and not change too much to accommodate the different medium. Once you start changing things to make them sound like regular audio dramas, where would the line be? Like you, I have found the whole series hugely enjoyable!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

There's a couple of episodes where I had to read the relevant sections of The Curious Case of the Missing Episodes to work out what was going on


I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me, as I became extremely frustrated with myself at one point. Steed talking with a foreign accent in one episode was another occasion when I was thrown completely off track.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2940
Location: The Edge of Avengerland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengerholic wrote:

I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me, as I became extremely frustrated with myself at one point. Steed talking with a foreign accent in one episode was another occasion when I was thrown completely off track.


I was in the studio for the recording of that episode, and even though I could see Julian Wadham from the recording area, I thought it was obvious that this could well be confusing on audio. I half expected the director to suggest toning the Aussie accent down, but that didn't happen.

Of course with the original, even if Macnee was delivering his lines with an accent (and I'm not entirely convinced that he would have been doing so), the viewing audience had Macnee there on-screen to make it clear that that cod-Australian was Steed...
_________________
Alan
--
The Avengers Declassified

Hidden Tiger Books - now available: Avengerworld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
I was in the studio for the recording of that episode, and even though I could see Julian Wadham from the recording area, I thought it was obvious that this could well be confusing on audio. I half expected the director to suggest toning the Aussie accent down, but that didn't happen.

Of course with the original, even if Macnee was delivering his lines with an accent (and I'm not entirely convinced that he would have been doing so), the viewing audience had Macnee there on-screen to make it clear that that cod-Australian was Steed...


I have to say I was completely baffled at first and did think to myself later, had you seen able to see him then the confusion wouldn't have occurred. A minor flaw really in what is such a brilliant audio series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paulpdjh
Little Wonder


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 234
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the Big Finish webste, I see that the final three episodes have been recorded:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-avengers---the-lost-episodes

I've absolutely loved this series, so can wait for January to complete the collecton. I must admit that I hoped they might continue with some new adventures for Steed and Keel, maybe with Carol playing a bigger role too, but from the article that seems unlikely.
_________________
Paul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 590
Location: Northampton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never rule things out with Big Finish, they keep things under their hats very well. More than once in the past they have said "absolutely no plans, definitely not happening" only a couple of months before announcing the exact same thing. It's all to do with preserving confidentiality during rights negotiations, and I would rather not have news but get the audios rather than vice versa. So I'm not giving up hope of a 'series 1B' range...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
paulpdjh
Little Wonder


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 234
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Never rule things out with Big Finish, they keep things under their hats very well. More than once in the past they have said "absolutely no plans, definitely not happening" only a couple of months before announcing the exact same thing. It's all to do with preserving confidentiality during rights negotiations, and I would rather not have news but get the audios rather than vice versa. So I'm not giving up hope of a 'series 1B' range...


Good points. Hopefully we will get a series 1B. Although I've kind of enjoyed Big Finish's Steed and Mrs Peel series, it's Steed and Dr Keel I really want to hear more of. There's so much scope for bridging the gap between seasons one and two. Possibly with Carol playing a bigger role and, maybe, the appearance of Dr King in a several stories (as a colleague of Dr Keel's).
_________________
Paul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off: Big Finish All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com