The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avengers Replica Prop Builds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Mission... Highly Creative!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mariocki wrote:
It looks better than the original!


Thanks, lots of trimming and tweaking to do on it yet Wink No updates though for quite a few weeks, other stuff to deal with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unexpectedly back to my day job today .... so, did some resizing and tweaking on the head set ...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished: Dr. Penrose's Brain Transfuser.

[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I spied this today. What a great thing to build Very Happy

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeR
Epic


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 1090
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian

A time machine in the form of a one-armed bandit, where the readout indicates what year you've travelled to. Very Avengers take on time travel from Escape in Time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR wrote:
Ian

A time machine in the form of a one-armed bandit, where the readout indicates what year you've travelled to. Very Avengers take on time travel from Escape in Time.


It's a great concept, and yes very Avengerish. The prop dept obviously used a 'Jennings Governor', changed the brass indian head bust and painted the whole machine two tone blue. I suppose the easiest way to add one to this prop collection would be to do the same thing. However these days you could expect to pay between 700 - 1600 for an example, and that's if you could find one. To pay that sort of money would, in the first instance, be ridiculous, but to then to go and cover it in paint Shocked Plus it would weigh a ton ! The dimensions are 17 x 24 x 17. I'll recreate it in 2mm thick MDF when I start to build one later in the year.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More progress on Mrs Peel's 'Cyclops' door bell ...



Air brushed the clear acrylic eye ball white from behind after masking off a circular area so it remains transparent to accommodate the plastic iris painted disc.



Last edited by Avengerholic on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the eye's finished and the open/close mechanism is working I'll cut it off the construction board and recess it back at an angle behind a painted faux door panel.



No reason why it should be, it could have been any colour, but logic suggests to me that as it's a human eye it would have been some sort of flesh tone. It's all 'guesstimation' when you don't have any colour reference material Confused So I was experimenting with a bit of colour earlier today.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished:




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Built a spring loaded mechanism into the back of the eye ball today, so now it can mounted on any flat wall, pull the chord and the eye opens, let it go and it closes back up again - so funny Laughing

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this would be a fun thing to have a go at this morning. A small, rather insignificant piece, but it's very 60's Sci Fi, and I'll use any excuse to play around with thermoplastic. Anyone recognise it ?




After a bit of a clean up and shaping with the heat gun.



Last edited by Avengerholic on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a Mystery Tours Hostess eye mask from 'Bizarre'.
..And personally I think they should all have been wearing them, I've never seen a more unattractive group of women Shocked

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Wegg
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 15 Sep 2011
Posts: 255

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengerholic wrote:
MikeR wrote:
Ian

A time machine in the form of a one-armed bandit, where the readout indicates what year you've travelled to. Very Avengers take on time travel from Escape in Time.


It's a great concept, and yes very Avengerish. The prop dept obviously used a 'Jennings Governor', changed the brass indian head bust and painted the whole machine two tone blue. I suppose the easiest way to add one to this prop collection would be to do the same thing. However these days you could expect to pay between 700 - 1600 for an example, and that's if you could find one. ...


I was at the Jukebox and Retro Fair at Brighton today and saw one for sale. - 1500 so the top end.

Still, it appears to be better value than the "Jennings Wild Indian", an example of which was on offer at 3,500 Euros.



~iw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Wegg wrote:

I was at the Jukebox and Retro Fair at Brighton today and saw one for sale. - 1500 so the top end.

Still, it appears to be better value than the "Jennings Wild Indian", an example of which was on offer at 3,500 Euros.


They are quite beautiful if their own right. I couldn't imagine getting one in that sort of condition and then slapping paint all over it ! It's something I really want to recreate so I'll build one from scratch in plastic and wood, eventually Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeR
Epic


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 1090
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengerholic wrote:
Yes, it's a Mystery Tours Hostess eye mask from 'Bizarre'.
..And personally I think they should all have been wearing them, I've never seen a more unattractive group of women Shocked



Ian

The metallic dresses were created for Charles K Feldman's Bond spoof Casino Royale, which was filmed at every major film studio in the UK except ABPC Elstree. The metallic visors were not in that film and so they were created by the props department at Elstree, specifically for the episode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR wrote:

Ian

The metallic dresses were created for Charles K Feldman's Bond spoof Casino Royale, which was filmed at every major film studio in the UK except ABPC Elstree. The metallic visors were not in that film and so they were created by the props department at Elstree, specifically for the episode.


Wow, really. That's an interesting piece of trivia. I'll check out the film again and an keep an eye open for them. I was going to have a bash at the entire outfit as I want to make the Happy Meadows gate sign too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeR
Epic


Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 1090
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian

The actual dresses were designed by Paco Rabane and were apparently influenced by the outfits worn by Roman gladiators.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR wrote:
Ian

The actual dresses were designed by Paco Rabane and were apparently influenced by the outfits worn by Roman gladiators.


Very Happy Oh boy, that's quite made my day ! Looks like they were shortened for the Avengers, and the Happy Meadows masks were either inspired by the ones in Casino or the ones in the movie were adapted for the Avengers.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Mission... Highly Creative! All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com