The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bloopers & Gaffes !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two that come to mind from the Emma Peel b&w era...

'The Town of No Return' Emma is fingering the the parish recotds. She is wearing gloves but not in close-up.

'The House That Jack Built' - Emma is talking to herself about the moving room. She puts what she says is her finger in the 'plunger' and indeed it is from a distance but in close-up it's her thumb...

also, people who had been killed/ knocked out seem to be in a slightly different position when shown again - the Lily Savage skits got this to perfection even having Steed (Simon Williams) having many bowlers in at 'The Hell Fire Club' Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
waldotyson
Thingumajig


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 88
Location: Michigan, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philippa wrote:


I can't remember the episode now, but when Emma's fighting with a man in the water her head goes under water and her hair's clearly wet, and the next moment her hair's dry again!


That was The Bird Who Knew Too Much, I'm pretty sure. I'll put it in the queue for re-viewing this week and confirm it.
_________________
"Welcome my lord. Allow me."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Markovka
Nutshell


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 10
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waldotyson wrote:
Philippa wrote:


I can't remember the episode now, but when Emma's fighting with a man in the water her head goes under water and her hair's clearly wet, and the next moment her hair's dry again!


That was The Bird Who Knew Too Much, I'm pretty sure. I'll put it in the queue for re-viewing this week and confirm it.


No, that was You Have Just Been Murdered. I looked yesterday Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4207
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Markovka"]
waldotyson wrote:
Philippa wrote:


I can't remember the episode now, but when Emma's fighting with a man in the water her head goes under water and her hair's clearly wet, and the next moment her hair's dry again!


That was The Bird Who Knew Too Much, I'm pretty sure. I'll put it in the queue for re-viewing this week and confirm it.



Was it that one ? I'll check it out, on dvd...sounds right..(?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder


Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 181

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:
Which was the Blackman episode where one character throws a set of keys to another person on the other side of the set for him to catch, but he drops them very loudly then starts to laugh. Hilarious.


I do believe that is Death A La Carte.

Not sure if its a goof but in the tag scene to Brief for Murder for some bizarre reason at the end of the scene MacNee does a double take at honor, points at her wig and laughs (was she supposed to of taken it off for that scene, or was he having another giggiling fit as in "The Undertakers"?)

But my favourite has to be in Death of a Batman when Mrs. Gale enters the old guys bedroom and the door simply refuses to close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
malte1982
Nutshell


Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gravediggers:

In the Showdown on the Train are some scenes in which you can see Macnees Stuntdouble, fighting against the gangsters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malte1982 wrote:
The Gravediggers:

In the Showdown on the Train are some scenes in which you can see Macnees Stuntdouble, fighting against the gangsters


Spotting stunt doubles is an occupation hazard in The Avengers! Wink
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Darren
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1756
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any stunt scenes where the double isn't obvious?

I love all those moments when Steed is walking away from camera and he's suddenly incredibly tall and has a really broad back. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or in some episodes you can see Steed driving his Bentley from a distance, but the man behind the wheel has much darker hair and a whole different posture Laughing
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. If we are talking about doubles it gets me when you see some woman in a terrible wig and not remotely shaped liked Diana Rigg walking away from the camera - there's a instance in many-an episode but 'Escape in Time' comes to mind and when she's running towards the swimming pool in 'The Bird Who Knew Too Much' when her hair is stuck to her face which happens again when she's being chased by the motorcyclist in hunting gear...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1083

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the grounds with Steed & the dog in The Hidden Tiger, it's so obviously not Diana.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Allard
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1561
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In The Bird Who Knew Too Much when Emma dives into the water, see either miraculously gained and lost a stone (or two) in that shot or she had a stunt double.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she had two stunt doubles in that episode. Apart from Cyd there was also a man to do the dive.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
The Gaslight Ghoul
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 306
Location: Foggy London Town

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky Taylor who was the motorbike riding huntsman (!) in Escape In Time often doubled for Patrick.

Whenever he did the fight scenes, and you see this brilliantly in The Forget-Me-Knot where Steed and Mrs Peel are ambushed by the bikers, he always crammed the Bowler down on his head before launching in to the fight, in case it flew off and exposed the fact that it wasn't really Patrick doing the scrapping after all. Laughing
_________________
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a driving double who has a completely different hairstyle from Steed's in season 5. Makes me laugh every time. The body double they used for Diana in the same season had legs not remotely like hers, too. It's quite distracting. I remember reading a Couch Potato commentary of The Hidden Tiger in SFX. "Spot the body doubles. What did The Avengers have against letting their stars outside? Did Patrick Macnee have a clause?"

(I find it terribly hilarious to this day, but maybe that's just me).

One nice thing about TNA is that most of the stunts were by Gareth and Joanna, so you have fewer instances of that. Some really obvious examples are and time Purdey actually "dances" when she fights, and Gambit being thrown around in The Three-Handed Game. Then again, they had the same doubles as Patrick and Diana/Linda. Because you know Tara and Purdey look exactly alike. Wink
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Gaslight Ghoul
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 306
Location: Foggy London Town

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right,Rocky Taylor did a lot of the driving stunts too.

It's the back of his head you see driving the Bentley when Steed loses control on Spout Hill in Death's Door.
_________________
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:
That's right,Rocky Taylor did a lot of the driving stunts too.

It's the back of his head you see driving the Bentley when Steed loses control on Spout Hill in Death's Door.


Rocky was always the one stuck in the Cybernaut suit, too, wasn't he? (I know that's true for TNA at least, and that he was Gareth's double as well).
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Strange Young Man
Little Wonder


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
There's a driving double who has a completely different hairstyle from Steed's in season 5. Makes me laugh every time. The body double they used for Diana in the same season had legs not remotely like hers, too. It's quite distracting. I remember reading a Couch Potato commentary of The Hidden Tiger in SFX. "Spot the body doubles. What did The Avengers have against letting their stars outside? Did Patrick Macnee have a clause?"

(I find it terribly hilarious to this day, but maybe that's just me).



It was distracting at first, but now I know it's just part of the 60s charm along with the hilarious projected backgrounds while driving. Have to find a silver lining in every cloud. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange Young Man wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
There's a driving double who has a completely different hairstyle from Steed's in season 5. Makes me laugh every time. The body double they used for Diana in the same season had legs not remotely like hers, too. It's quite distracting. I remember reading a Couch Potato commentary of The Hidden Tiger in SFX. "Spot the body doubles. What did The Avengers have against letting their stars outside? Did Patrick Macnee have a clause?"

(I find it terribly hilarious to this day, but maybe that's just me).



It was distracting at first, but now I know it's just part of the 60s charm along with the hilarious projected backgrounds while driving. Have to find a silver lining in every cloud. Wink


Oh, it's all good fun. There's something about sixties series--all the little mistakes are just part of the fabric of the series, and much more forgiveable than similar gaffes today. I think I liek it partly because you can see how they put these shows together with none of the special effects and other tricks today's TV and filmakers have at their disposal. There's something very simple about the TV from that era, and I find it refreshing.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Gaslight Ghoul
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 306
Location: Foggy London Town

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:
That's right,Rocky Taylor did a lot of the driving stunts too.

It's the back of his head you see driving the Bentley when Steed loses control on Spout Hill in Death's Door.


Rocky was always the one stuck in the Cybernaut suit, too, wasn't he? (I know that's true for TNA at least, and that he was Gareth's double as well).


I believe it was another stuntman by the name of Terry Richards in the earlier Cybernaught stories.

One of Rocky's earliest appearances in The Avengers was as the student who gets a punch in the nose when he sneaks up on Steed in A Sense Of History.
_________________
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on Television All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com