The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dissolute Avengers website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the "The New Avengers" fashion guide is finally complete!

I've also stepped through every screen on a variety of tablets to ensure a good mobile viewing experience.

Please note that my ENTIRE website has had the URLs changed:

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/fashion/

etc...

I've just dropped in some extra code to my redirection screen so if the server doesn't find the file automatically, I try to drive you to where you wanted to be.

If you use the old avweb addresses, you will reach somewhere more or less where you expected.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.


Last edited by dissolute on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent Dissolute! Really appreciate it! To be honest, you have one of the best sites, probably the most comprehensive. As I am watching a new episode, going to Dissolute's site is a must! I didn't know it could improve! Very Happy
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4069
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. I've updated my "favourites"/bookmarks. Ooh, I like the "this week in Avengers history" calendar. Makes up for the missing hard-copy ones they don't make any longer.

Dame Diana's birthday tomorrow! Time to pick an episode to watch Smile Probably will be "Hour That Never Was" since they completed its filming on the same day.
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
Okay, the "The New Avengers" fashion guide is finally complete!

I've also stepped through every screen on a variety of tablets to ensure a good mobile viewing experience.

Please note that my ENTIRE website has had the URLs changed:

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/fashion/

etc...

I've just dropped in some extra code to my redirection screen so if the server doesn't find the file automatically, I try to drive you to where you wanted to be.

If you use the old avweb addresses, you will reach somewhere more or less where you expected.


Yesss! Very Happy

Great news, Piers. I shall enjoy browsing through it in the days to come. Cool
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
dissolute wrote:
Okay, the "The New Avengers" fashion guide is finally complete!


Yesss! Very Happy

Great news, Piers. I shall enjoy browsing through it in the days to come. Cool


There are some lovely new photos of Gareth & Jo, let me know what you think.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Love it. I've updated my "favourites"/bookmarks. Ooh, I like the "this week in Avengers history" calendar. Makes up for the missing hard-copy ones they don't make any longer.

Dame Diana's birthday tomorrow! Time to pick an episode to watch Smile Probably will be "Hour That Never Was" since they completed its filming on the same day.


You can open up the "this week" section to be a whole year calendar:

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/guides/diary.html
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4285
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Love it. I've updated my "favourites"/bookmarks. Ooh, I like the "this week in Avengers history" calendar. Makes up for the missing hard-copy ones they don't make any longer.

Dame Diana's birthday tomorrow! Time to pick an episode to watch Smile Probably will be "Hour That Never Was" since they completed its filming on the same day.


You can open up the "this week" section to be a whole year calendar:

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/guides/diary.html



goood job.amazing fare.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
dissolute wrote:
Okay, the "The New Avengers" fashion guide is finally complete!


Yesss! Very Happy

Great news, Piers. I shall enjoy browsing through it in the days to come. Cool


There are some lovely new photos of Gareth & Jo, let me know what you think.


Will do! Smile
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
denis rigg
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 1742
Location: Moscow, Russia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piers, great work! Very Happy
I always liked this section on your site - it makes the focus in preferences in choosing a clothes for main performers of the series.
I, for example, forgot that white dress with red lipstick kiss pattern of Purdey
used in three episodes (I missed the episode Angels of Death).
Well, at the time it was touted the French and I glad that it got in the first Canadian episode. Although from my point of view the clothing in the first season looks better. There's more to the English style.

I hope that you have plans to create this section for the second and third season The Avengers. Wink
_________________
Russian fan-site Steedumbrella.
http://steedumbrella.ru

Denis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Cathy is next - although maybe I should start with Venus & Martin, they'd be easier.

Hmmmm... David, Carol & Steed, THEN ... my word, what a can of worms.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much enjoyed browsing through the other half of the TNA fashion guide. It's great because there are little details that pop up in stills that are lost onscreen, with the characters moving around and such. Patterns and colours on shirts and ties in particular don't come up very well (I'll have to pay better attention to Gambit's shirts next time around).

Amused by the fact that the wardrobe budget division holds pretty steady throughout, i.e., Joanna, as the woman, gets loads of outfits that she wears once and we never see again, while for Patrick and Gareth, there's a lot of recycling in the form of "Which shirt and tie combo hasn't he worn in awhile?" going on.

The guide actually served to remind me that TNA had a really annoying habit of giving really nice outfits approximately three seconds of screentime, and then leaving a character in something really horrible for almost an entire episode (usually Purdey). I'm looking at you, red, green, and yellow Kellogg's cornflake rooster monstrosity from Lion and the Unicorn. Meanwhile, Gambit has a gorgeous grey double-breasted suit in Medium Rare that I love, and it literally pops up for less than a minute, and is never seen again. Sigh.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4069
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit's brown suit is listed for 6 episodes, but not the one the screengrabs are from ("Target!"). Is this because it should be obvious from the pics which episode it is? Not everyone might get that, though. I can't recognise every episode from snapshots, though I always get "Target!" as it is my fave.

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/fashion/fashion-new-avengers-01.html


A possible repeated headline on this page Purdey : Gold halterneck and brown culottes where it says "Purdey : Gold halterneck and brown culottes" twice, second time for the PVC cape entry.
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4285
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Gambit's brown suit is listed for 6 episodes, but not the one the screengrabs are from ("Target!"). Is this because it should be obvious from the pics which episode it is? Not everyone might get that, though. I can't recognise every episode from snapshots, though I always get "Target!" as it is my fave.

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/fashion/fashion-new-avengers-01.html


A possible repeated headline on this page Purdey : Gold halterneck and brown culottes where it says "Purdey : Gold halterneck and brown culottes" twice, second time for the PVC cape entry.


TNA probably had the smallest budget of all the series..hence some of the problems the show had..in my opinion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Gambit's brown suit is listed for 6 episodes, but not the one the screengrabs are from ("Target!"). Is this because it should be obvious from the pics which episode it is? Not everyone might get that, though. I can't recognise every episode from snapshots, though I always get "Target!" as it is my fave.

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/fashion/fashion-new-avengers-01.html


A possible repeated headline on this page Purdey : Gold halterneck and brown culottes where it says "Purdey : Gold halterneck and brown culottes" twice, second time for the PVC cape entry.


Those would be mistakes, thanks for spotting them!
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also add that the back of the pink blouse Purdey wears on the range in Target reads "SPORT". It's not fully visible in the screenshots you've used, but you get a good look at it just over 19 minutes in.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4069
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:

Those would be mistakes, thanks for spotting them!
Whilst one can't improve on perfection, I'm happy to constructively proof out any "wrinkles" Smile Not that I usually spot any. It's a majestic achievement!
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ischtar
Winged Avenger


Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 678

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OO

Last edited by ischtar on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duly corrected, thanks everyone.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4285
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Very much enjoyed browsing through the other half of the TNA fashion guide. It's great because there are little details that pop up in stills that are lost onscreen, with the characters moving around and such. Patterns and colours on shirts and ties in particular don't come up very well (I'll have to pay better attention to Gambit's shirts next time around).

Amused by the fact that the wardrobe budget division holds pretty steady throughout, i.e., Joanna, as the woman, gets loads of outfits that she wears once and we never see again, while for Patrick and Gareth, there's a lot of recycling in the form of "Which shirt and tie combo hasn't he worn in awhile?" going on.

The guide actually served to remind me that TNA had a really annoying habit of giving really nice outfits approximately three seconds of




screentime, and then leaving a character in something really horrible for almost an entire episode (usually Purdey). I'm looking at you, red, green, and yellow Kellogg's cornflake rooster monstrosity from Lion and the Unicorn. Meanwhile, Gambit has a gorgeous grey double-breasted suit in Medium Rare that I love, and it literally pops up for less than a minute, and is never seen again. Sigh.



great points....and TNA did have a weird way of showing off the outfits...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Emma Peel episodes with the "Mrs Peel, We're Needed!" scenes (the first 16 of series 5) all have had these video snippets added to their pages, as well as the tag scenes.

They're in the feature image carousels, marked out in red with a video play icon (except on the ipad, for some weird reason - but the videos still play there regardless).

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/series-5/

I've also reworked the diabolical masterminds section to be more modern and responsive, altohugh it's a bit of a boring layour at the moment...

http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/villains/
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Online All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com