The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dissolute Avengers website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

I'd love it if you expanded the fashion section to include the other eras. I've passed many an hour browsing through the images. I have lots of papers next term--give me reasons to procrastinate! Wink

Okay, I'll see what I can do, I should have all the grabs on CD somewhere. I more or less stopped work on the fashions when it came to inserting Steed's suits for Season Five. Much as I love them, they just weren't as interesting - probably because they didn't have Diana Rigg in them.


Mmm, I find Steed's suits get rather dull after awhile, too. I mean, they're beautifully tailored, but once you've cycled through grey/navy/black/brown, they all look rather the same. Then in the Tara era he starts donning shoes that don't match and floral shirts, and I tend not to see the detail because of the tears in my eyes (from mirth or despair, I'm not entirely sure). Be sure to do Gambit as well! I think he had the best clothes in TNA. I frequently find myself wishing Purdey would move out of the way so I can see what he's wearing (this is either a good reflection on Gambit's wardrobe, or a bad one on Purdey's. I suspect both).

Look forward to seeing the new additions!
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Allard
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1597
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
I'll be very interested in the seeing the updates.

I always have your site bookmarked, and I apologise for using some of your images over her - I do send a link when I remember... Embarassed

Thanks, I don't mind if people use my images for their own use, just not commercially. (I briefly turned on blocking for hotlinks a few years ago, but a day later turned it off again).

Hmmm, it's time I got over those Dutch DVDs but... the Aussies sent me a couple of free sets when they used my material (and asked first); the Dutch pretended they'd come up with the graphics themselves, [sarcasm starts here] magically using the same antique tv set fom an online museum and the same static interference pattern [sarcasm ends] and had no interest in providing me with a copy of the set. They told me I didn't own the original tv set image so I had no right to question their use of my copy, which is like saying Warhol didn't own Campbell's soup...

Rude, I call it.



I hope you understand that although part of me wants to, I am not going to boycot A-Films Avengers DVD's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1604
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allard wrote:
dissolute wrote:
Rude, I call it.

I hope you understand that although part of me wants to, I am not going to boycot A-Films Avengers DVD's.

I wouldn't expect anyone to, I'd buy them myself if the Australian dollar weren't so undervalued.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1604
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a bit sidetracked... I've captured all the images for fashions and cars for the Tara King episode and started loading them in, then decided to install one of those 'lightbox' interfaces where they appear on top of the page rather than opening the new window.

I found a really good one which is small and uses CSS properly instead of heaps of unnecessary graphics - check it out:
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/new.html
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
Well, I got a bit sidetracked... I've captured all the images for fashions and cars for the Tara King episode and started loading them in, then decided to install one of those 'lightbox' interfaces where they appear on top of the page rather than opening the new window.

I found a really good one which is small and uses CSS properly instead of heaps of unnecessary graphics - check it out:
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/new.html


Looks good, Piers! Can't wait to see the new additions to the fashion guide!
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially like that Purdey pic. Brill.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great and I absolutely love the Purdey picture!
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help.

I'm getting this message "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site http://dissolute.com.au/avweb etc. Operation aborted. "

Question Question
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd. I just clicked on the link and it works fine with firefox...
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1604
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Help.

I'm getting this message "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site http://dissolute.com.au/avweb etc. Operation aborted. "

Question Question

I'll check the server logs, but it's fine right now. Can you try www.dissolute.com.au/avweb if it doesn't work? Should make any difference though...
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can access the site home page, but I get that same message when I access an episode page. the http and www versions have the same result.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1604
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd... I have no errors reported in my uptime or transfer logs.
Can you try again, and paste the URL of the pages that fail (just a few, I'll compare against the raw logs).

I have had a problem with people in France before - Spike Heatley who played in Julie Steven's backing band in the Venus Smith episodes reported having trouble with some pages as well.

If you're really savvy, could you try the following two commands from the command line? (Windows: Start>Run... cmd Mac: Open terminal.app)
Code:
ping www.dissolute.com.au
tracetr www.dissolute.com.au

and post the results?

BTW, I'm hard at work on the Tara fashions - up to page 4 and I've done 6 episodes - I've covered off most of Steed's clothes, not massively sure about Tara's, probably another 4 pages to go.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1604
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It lives!
The Tara King fashions have been added to the site
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/fashions.html

Fourteen pages of colourful mayhem (although I plan to replace a few of the grottier ones in a week or two).
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Allard
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1597
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done, great site. Clicking through it makes me want to watch a few Tara King's. Lovely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
It lives!
The Tara King fashions have been added to the site
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/fashions.html

Fourteen pages of colourful mayhem (although I plan to replace a few of the grottier ones in a week or two).


Lovely, Piers! There were some outfits in there I didn't remember. Tara had an awful lot of trouser suits.

Who's next, then? Will we be seeing TNA sometime in the future?
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4231
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Tara and more Reply with quote

Allard wrote:
Very well done, great site. Clicking through it makes me want to watch a few Tara King's. Lovely.


how true...Lots of great images, and info....as fans, we'll blessed to have some much info on the show, out there !!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4024
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Mmm, I find Steed's suits get rather dull after awhile, too. I mean, they're beautifully tailored, but once you've cycled through grey/navy/black/brown, they all look rather the same. Then in the Tara era he starts donning shoes that don't match and floral shirts, and I tend not to see the detail because of the tears in my eyes (from mirth or despair, I'm not entirely sure).
Yes, maybe it is a mercy that the show didn't continue into the 70s, what with the dressers' determination to keep our hero up-to-the-minute in look (and those sideburns are very 1969 too).

At least Patrick put his foot down in The New Avengers pre-production stages, and refused utterly to wear (spit) flares!
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Mmm, I find Steed's suits get rather dull after awhile, too. I mean, they're beautifully tailored, but once you've cycled through grey/navy/black/brown, they all look rather the same. Then in the Tara era he starts donning shoes that don't match and floral shirts, and I tend not to see the detail because of the tears in my eyes (from mirth or despair, I'm not entirely sure).
Yes, maybe it is a mercy that the show didn't continue into the 70s, what with the dressers' determination to keep our hero up-to-the-minute in look (and those sideburns are very 1969 too).

At least Patrick put his foot down in The New Avengers pre-production stages, and refused utterly to wear (spit) flares!


And Patrick thought the sideburns looked so wonderful at the time, too. Looking back he couldn't fathom why he thought they were a good idea (maybe it was those diet pills). Wink

I'm very glad they didn't stick Steed in flares as well ("But everyone has flares! Gareth has flares!"), even though I personally love them. The whole point of Steed is that he sails through, regardless of trends. They started matching bits of his suits again, too, so that was a blessing (that mustard coloured waistcoat is pretty unforgiveable, though).

One thing that has always bothered me, though, is the way they quit giving Steed decent (i.e. not floral patterned) casual wear after season 4--all those pullovers and such he wore around the house. Through season 5, Steed wears suits all the time, even around the house. He probably sleeps in one, too. Those shirts may have been a misguided way of getting back to that, but why they couldn't have stuck with the tailored casual is beyond me.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1604
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
dissolute wrote:
It lives!
The Tara King fashions have been added to the site
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/fashions.html

Fourteen pages of colourful mayhem (although I plan to replace a few of the grottier ones in a week or two).


Lovely, Piers! There were some outfits in there I didn't remember. Tara had an awful lot of trouser suits.

Who's next, then? Will we be seeing TNA sometime in the future?

Yes indeed, The Three-Hemmed Game is next on the list - but I'll take time off to update the episode descriptions for Season Four first - started "The Town of No Return" this morning.
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
It lives!
The Tara King fashions have been added to the site
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/fashions.html

Fourteen pages of colourful mayhem (although I plan to replace a few of the grottier ones in a week or two).


Look fantastic! Very Happy
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Online All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com