The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honor Blackman
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The People Behind The Avengers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Honor Blackman Reply with quote

A topic dedicated to Honor was still missing in this section, so here it is. And I'm gonna use this first post to show the new fanvideo I recently made, dedicated to Honor:
Honor Blackman Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Honor Blackman Reply with quote

Philippa wrote:
A topic dedicated to Honor was still missing in this section, so here it is. And I'm gonna use this first post to show the new fanvideo I recently made, dedicated to Honor:
Honor Blackman Tribute



Absolutely Fabulous! Thanks Philippa! Love the busty photo and the section where she comes out of the cake! I couldn't watch that show though! Agonisingly unfunny!

I've only seen Honor on stage once but had to leave at the interval as the play (not Honor!) was so bad.

I have been in her presence a couple of times too - when she was browsing in the Royal Exchange Theatre in what appeared to be a man's overcoat and when she was a lot more glamorous in the bar of the Shaftesbury Theatre when I went to see my woman on-stage in 'Follies' in 1987 Very Happy
We are very lucky with the class and beauty of our Avengers women - they obviously picked the right ones!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Artanis
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 259
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video! Smile Nice choices for The Avengers scenes and what was that other show she was on? I've never seen it before but her coming out of the cake was funny.
_________________
Allen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Upper Hand, the British version of Who's The Boss. Honor played the Katherine Helmond character.
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Artanis
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 259
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
The Upper Hand, the British version of Who's The Boss. Honor played the Katherine Helmond character.


Thanks, Dandy! I never really watched Who's The Boss but I can see some of the similarities.
_________________
Allen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artanis wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
The Upper Hand, the British version of Who's The Boss. Honor played the Katherine Helmond character.


Thanks, Dandy! I never really watched Who's The Boss but I can see some of the similarities.


I think they used the American scripts. It was quite popular in the UK at the time. And - a bit of trivia - Diana Weston, who was the female lead, once auditioned for The New Avengers!
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually quite like 'The Upper Hand'. I've heard that many people don't like it, but I think it's alright. Ofcourse Honor's definitely the highlight of the show in my opinion Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Artanis
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 259
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Artanis wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
The Upper Hand, the British version of Who's The Boss. Honor played the Katherine Helmond character.


Thanks, Dandy! I never really watched Who's The Boss but I can see some of the similarities.


I think they used the American scripts. It was quite popular in the UK at the time. And - a bit of trivia - Diana Weston, who was the female lead, once auditioned for The New Avengers!


So, the show has two connections to The Avengers. Very Happy
_________________
Allen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnSteedFr
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Posts: 948
Location: Resagne Hall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philippa discovered something great, Honor Blackman's address. It's an opportunity for you all to write her a letter.
Philippa found it via Fan mail.
_________________
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send my letter today Very Happy
And now I'm eagerly waiting for a reply
The address is:

Honor Blackman
N S M LTD
Studio 7c
Clapham North Arts Centre
Voltaire Road
London SW4 6DH
UK


I also wrote to Joanna Very Happy
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Honor attending a signing in London last weekend ? Did anyone go ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Haven't heard anything about that. What was the occasion?
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Gaslight Ghoul
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 306
Location: Foggy London Town

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, it was at Vintage magazine shop (or VinMag) on Brewer Street in Soho, I would have gone but was being best man at my friend's wedding that day.

Yes, some things do out import The Avengers. Smile

They often have signings by "cult" actors/actresses.

Joanna Lumley has signed there a few times.
_________________
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the wrong country *sighs*
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
moorlock2003
Thingumajig


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Honor Blackman Reply with quote

DiVicenzo wrote:
Philippa wrote:
A topic dedicated to Honor was still missing in this section, so here it is. And I'm gonna use this first post to show the new fanvideo I recently made, dedicated to Honor:
Honor Blackman Tribute



Absolutely Fabulous! Thanks Philippa! Love the busty photo and the section where she comes out of the cake! I couldn't watch that show though! Agonisingly unfunny!

I've only seen Honor on stage once but had to leave at the interval as the play (not Honor!) was so bad.

I have been in her presence a couple of times too - when she was browsing in the Royal Exchange Theatre in what appeared to be a man's overcoat and when she was a lot more glamorous in the bar of the Shaftesbury Theatre when I went to see my woman on-stage in 'Follies' in 1987 Very Happy
We are very lucky with the class and beauty of our Avengers women - they obviously picked the right ones!


I couldn't have expressed it any better. Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg, Linda Thorson, and Joanna Lumley; four breathtakingly beautiful and marvelously talented ladies. Patrick Macnee is one lucky man to have worked with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnSteedFr
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Posts: 948
Location: Resagne Hall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't go to London in order to see Honor.
I'm so sad !!!
But I mentioned in my letter (addressed to the actress, of course) that I would think of her that day. Very Happy
_________________
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4203
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philippa wrote:
I send my letter today Very Happy
And now I'm eagerly waiting for a reply
The address is:

Honor Blackman
N S M LTD
Studio 7c
Clapham North Arts Centre
Voltaire Road
London SW4 6DH
UK


I also wrote to Joanna Very Happy



wow, this is a treat...Funny how yrs on, Honor seems to be more at ease
with her tenure on the show, where Diana, tends to be bombastic and gruff
when quized about her tenure...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rumoured Honor has a part in a 2009 movie called Four Fags in a Fabulous Car, which has to be the film title of the year...

IMDB: A Journey of Friendship
Four culturally-diverse friends from Weho embark on a four-day
journey where they learn the true meaning of friendship while
recapturing their gay pride

_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about that on IMDB.
And with a title like that, it has to be good Very Happy
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what the postman brought me today Very Happy



You can't read it very well, but it says: 'Best wishes, Honor Blackman'

and I got a signed picture from Joanna too, and she even wrote me a note Very Happy






This made my week Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The People Behind The Avengers All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com