The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOP 10 episodes in France

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guillaume
Thingumajig


Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: TOP 10 episodes in France Reply with quote

Hi, i'm a french fan of the avengers.

I have realized an opinion poll in the french forum (theavengers.fr).

result top 10 pisodes:



here, Watch !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bOJ5jM9pBjw


what do you think of this???

Guillaume Smile Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonsoir Guillaume,
That was most interesting to see the French fans favorites. I would agree those are classic episodes! Sounds like the French fans have similar tastes. Are there subtitles in French on your DVD's?
So it looks like the majority of favorite episodes were with Mrs. Peel.

Thanks for sharing!
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guillaume
Thingumajig


Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-clockwise wrote:
Bonsoir Guillaume,
That was most interesting to see the French fans favorites. I would agree those are classic episodes! Sounds like the French fans have similar tastes. Are there subtitles in French on your DVD's?
So it looks like the majority of favorite episodes were with Mrs. Peel.

Thanks for sharing!


in my dvd, no subtitles in french...but voices in french Wink
yes, in France, emma peel is the favourite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1683

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengers in French! Where did you buy the DVD's?
French is such a beautiful language but somehow i never pictured the Avengers speaking french. how is the translation, especially with British phrases?
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4050
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have French sets of The New Avengers and of Seasons 1-2 of the original series; but both are in English with optional French subtitles. Is it the Emma and Tara episodes which have been dubbed, and do they manage to keep the same music as the English versions?
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan
Little Wonder


Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 236
Location: At the Ranch

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find interesting is the absence of the "atmospheric" episodes, The Town of No Return, The Hour that Never Was, and Castle D'eath.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberrich
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 1112
Location: Midlands, U.K.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I can't argue with the top 2 as they are in my top 3. Biggest surprise is the absence of Hour that never was which is surely the best Avengers episode ever, along with Cybernauts. I wouldn't normally expect to see Quick quick slow death in a top 10, though it's a fun episode. The other 9 are some of the very best though. I did read somewhere that Tara King was the most popular in France, but looking at this top 10 it's dominated by Mrs Peel (as would be my top 10!), with only Clowneries (love the French title Exclamation ) from season 6. Rich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guillaume
Thingumajig


Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
What I find interesting is the absence of the "atmospheric" episodes, The Town of No Return, The Hour that Never Was, and Castle D'eath.


the joker and the house that jack built are atmospheric no ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guillaume
Thingumajig


Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
I have French sets of The New Avengers and of Seasons 1-2 of the original series; but both are in English with optional French subtitles. Is it the Emma and Tara episodes which have been dubbed, and do they manage to keep the same music as the English versions?


yes (4,5,6 seasons ) have been dubbed.

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bottes-cuir-Avengers/dp/B000BG0E1S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1369674250&sr=8-7&keywords=chapeau+melon

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bottes-cuir-Avengers/dp/B000BG0ECM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1369674250&sr=8-5&keywords=chapeau+melon

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bottes-cuir-Avengers/dp/B000BG0E5Y/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1369674250&sr=8-11&keywords=chapeau+melon

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bottes-cuir-Int%C3%A9grale/dp/B0013BWKYY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1369674250&sr=8-10&keywords=chapeau+melon

same music (laurie johnson).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan
Little Wonder


Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 236
Location: At the Ranch

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guillaume wrote:
Dan wrote:
What I find interesting is the absence of the "atmospheric" episodes, The Town of No Return, The Hour that Never Was, and Castle D'eath.


the joker and the house that jack built are atmospheric no ?


Good point - they certainly are, as is another on your list, Murdersville.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speed Six
Little Wonder


Joined: 19 Oct 2011
Posts: 195
Location: The Open Road

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guillaume wrote:
Dan wrote:
What I find interesting is the absence of the "atmospheric" episodes, The Town of No Return, The Hour that Never Was, and Castle D'eath.


the joker and the house that jack built are atmospheric no ?


Absolutely, and what a splendidly gallic response ! Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4285
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guillaume wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
I have French sets of The New Avengers and of Seasons 1-2 of the original series; but both are in English with optional French subtitles. Is it the Emma and Tara episodes which have been dubbed, and do they manage to keep the same music as the English versions?


yes (4,5,6 seasons ) have been dubbed.

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bottes-cuir-Avengers/dp/B000BG0E1S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1369674250&sr=8-7&keywords=chapeau+melon

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bottes-cuir-Avengers/dp/B000BG0ECM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1369674250&sr=8-5&keywords=chapeau+melon

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bottes-cuir-Avengers/dp/B000BG0E5Y/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1369674250&sr=8-11&keywords=chapeau+melon

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bottes-cuir-Int%C3%A9grale/dp/B0013BWKYY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1369674250&sr=8-10&keywords=chapeau+melon

same music (laurie johnson).



had to be strange.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4285
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
What I find interesting is the absence of the "atmospheric" episodes, The Town of No Return, The Hour that Never Was, and Castle D'eath.


felt the same way....wonder why
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on Television All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com