The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my nickname.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Help, Questions and New Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: my nickname. Reply with quote

someone recently asked me the origin of my handle 'mousemeat' and how it came to be..

back in 1970, I was in the U.S. Military....and attending P.O.W. school...etc...where after being locked up with some fellow GI's..and fed bread/water..and worse...one day, I watched a guy grab an mouse in our 'tiger' cage..and bite it's head off...gnawing on it...He offered some of it..to some of us....I went WTF....mousemeat ??? AND THE nickname soon
stuck on me...and once we got out of that phase of jungle training..the name followed me around like white on rice....LOL...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great little story, and solves a mystery in the process. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
That's a great little story, and solves a mystery in the process. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy


glad that you liked it...sorta amusing inna black humour way...over 40 yrs ago..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
That's a great little story, and solves a mystery in the process. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy


glad that you liked it...sorta amusing inna black humour way...over 40 yrs ago..


Black humour is often the most brilliant. And necessary!
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
That's a great little story, and solves a mystery in the process. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy


glad that you liked it...sorta amusing inna black humour way...over 40 yrs ago..


Black humour is often the most brilliant. And necessary!


indeed.....and it has helped me get thru several sticky things...one of my fave tales...a few yrs ago, my brother died...and I went to the funeral house to make final arrangements..
anyhow, the funeral director thank me for my past 'business' ..(parents, another brother, two sisters passed...I out lived em all ) ..I thank him..and looked him in the eye..and went...I spent a lotta money here....don't you have a rewards program in place ? you know, BURY
five, GET ONE FREE....you could have a coffin card, and use a skull punch to mark
the passings....I was snickering....and the poor funeral home employee, turned white as an ghost..I was laughing my arse off....on what was sad day.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
That's a great little story, and solves a mystery in the process. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy


glad that you liked it...sorta amusing inna black humour way...over 40 yrs ago..


Black humour is often the most brilliant. And necessary!


indeed.....and it has helped me get thru several sticky things...one of my fave tales...a few yrs ago, my brother died...and I went to the funeral house to make final arrangements..
anyhow, the funeral director thank me for my past 'business' ..(parents, another brother, two sisters passed...I out lived em all ) ..I thank him..and looked him in the eye..and went...I spent a lotta money here....don't you have a rewards program in place ? you know, BURY
five, GET ONE FREE....you could have a coffin card, and use a skull punch to mark
the passings....I was snickering....and the poor funeral home employee, turned white as an ghost..I was laughing my arse off....on what was sad day.....


When I started reading this post, I felt tears come to my eyes. By the end, I was giggling. Poor funeral home man! Laughing

I am sorry to hear about all your losses, though. But black humour definitely has its place--it can definitely help you survive some of the awful things life throws at you.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4007
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:

indeed.....and it has helped me get thru several sticky things...one of my fave tales...a few yrs ago, my brother died...and I went to the funeral house to make final arrangements..
anyhow, the funeral director thank me for my past 'business' ..(parents, another brother, two sisters passed...I out lived em all ) ..I thank him..and looked him in the eye..and went...I spent a lotta money here....don't you have a rewards program in place ? you know, BURY
five, GET ONE FREE....you could have a coffin card, and use a skull punch to mark
the passings....I was snickering....and the poor funeral home employee, turned white as an ghost..I was laughing my arse off....on what was sad day.....
That's great. I hope when I pass on, my little brother has as much humour - it's good knowing that life goes on for those we leave behind, "always leave 'em laughing" as comedians used to say!
_________________
Last watched: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Station.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote:

indeed.....and it has helped me get thru several sticky things...one of my fave tales...a few yrs ago, my brother died...and I went to the funeral house to make final arrangements..
anyhow, the funeral director thank me for my past 'business' ..(parents, another brother, two sisters passed...I out lived em all ) ..I thank him..and looked him in the eye..and went...I spent a lotta money here....don't you have a rewards program in place ? you know, BURY
five, GET ONE FREE....you could have a coffin card, and use a skull punch to mark
the passings....I was snickering....and the poor funeral home employee, turned white as an ghost..I was laughing my arse off....on what was sad day.....
That's great. I hope when I pass on, my little brother has as much humour - it's good knowing that life goes on for those we leave behind, "always leave 'em laughing" as comedians used to say!



glad you got an kick outta it...and I'm pleased to be able to share the stories...always thought life was meant to poke fun at....some of my friends, god love em, act like they are always sucking on an lemon.LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
That's a great little story, and solves a mystery in the process. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy


glad that you liked it...sorta amusing inna black humour way...over 40 yrs ago..


Black humour is often the most brilliant. And necessary!


indeed.....and it has helped me get thru several sticky things...one of my fave tales...a few yrs ago, my brother died...and I went to the funeral house to make final arrangements..
anyhow, the funeral director thank me for my past 'business' ..(parents, another brother, two sisters passed...I out lived em all ) ..I thank him..and looked him in the eye..and went...I spent a lotta money here....don't you have a rewards program in place ? you know, BURY
five, GET ONE FREE....you could have a coffin card, and use a skull punch to mark
the passings....I was snickering....and the poor funeral home employee, turned white as an ghost..I was laughing my arse off....on what was sad day.....


When I started reading this post, I felt tears come to my eyes. By the end, I was giggling. Poor funeral home man! Laughing

I am sorry to hear about all your losses, though. But black humour definitely has its place--it can definitely help you survive some of the awful things life throws at you.


thanks for the kind words...always have enjoyed this forum. it's been a great place to listen and lean, toss ideas, and some..and on one of our favorite programs...one of the best of the 2oth century.....

Yeah, the gentleman at the funeral home darn near died..when I mention that 'special rewards program'...I was snickering......and I'm sure my baby brother was holding his sides in the great beyond....

life is funny...and yeah, it's been an tough ride, but I've learned simply to roll with the punches...and have another go....I'll be 62 in July, and I'm far from being done....i would like to hit 100...and still post in this forum...LOL

Thanks everyone for the posts on this thread....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4007
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:

life is funny...and yeah, it's been an tough ride, but I've learned simply to roll with the punches...and have another go....I'll be 62 in July, and I'm far from being done....i would like to hit 100...and still post in this forum...LOL
We all have a little while to go until we match the great Patrick Macnee for longevity. I'm going to be 46 this year and that was about the age he was when I was born!

He was making "All Done With Mirrors" at the time, a favourite of mine, so I count that as my "birthday episode".
_________________
Last watched: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Station.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote:

life is funny...and yeah, it's been an tough ride, but I've learned simply to roll with the punches...and have another go....I'll be 62 in July, and I'm far from being done....i would like to hit 100...and still post in this forum...LOL
We all have a little while to go until we match the great Patrick Macnee for longevity. I'm going to be 46 this year and that was about the age he was when I was born!

He was making "All Done With Mirrors" at the time, a favourite of mine, so I count that as my "birthday episode".


amen.........btw, last episode watched.....the 13th hole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:
thanks for the kind words...always have enjoyed this forum. it's been a great place to listen and lean, toss ideas, and some..and on one of our favorite programs...one of the best of the 2oth century.....

Yeah, the gentleman at the funeral home darn near died..when I mention that 'special rewards program'...I was snickering......and I'm sure my baby brother was holding his sides in the great beyond....

life is funny...and yeah, it's been an tough ride, but I've learned simply to roll with the punches...and have another go....I'll be 62 in July, and I'm far from being done....i would like to hit 100...and still post in this forum...LOL

Thanks everyone for the posts on this thread....


I'm actually surprised no one had said that to the funeral home guy before. You'd think they'd come up against just about every type of customer in that job. Laughing

Yes, this forum is indeed a special place. May we all still be posting here for a long while yet. Hopefully we all have Patricklike longevity, and we don't have to take advantage of that special rewards program for many decades yet. Wink Cheers. Very Happy
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4167
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
thanks for the kind words...always have enjoyed this forum. it's been a great place to listen and lean, toss ideas, and some..and on one of our favorite programs...one of the best of the 2oth century.....

Yeah, the gentleman at the funeral home darn near died..when I mention that 'special rewards program'...I was snickering......and I'm sure my baby brother was holding his sides in the great beyond....

life is funny...and yeah, it's been an tough ride, but I've learned simply to roll with the punches...and have another go....I'll be 62 in July, and I'm far from being done....i would like to hit 100...and still post in this forum...LOL

Thanks everyone for the posts on this thread....


I'm actually surprised no one had said that to the funeral home guy before. You'd think they'd come up against just about every type of customer in that job. Laughing

Yes, this forum is indeed a special place. May we all still be posting here for a long while yet. Hopefully we all have Patricklike longevity, and we don't have to take advantage of that special rewards program for many decades yet. Wink Cheers. Very Happy


amen to that train of thought!


last episode watched: 03/22/14 girl from auntie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> Help, Questions and New Member Introductions All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com