The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD commentaries

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on DVD/Blu Ray
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1411
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: DVD commentaries Reply with quote

I hadn't really bothered to listen to them so far, I'm not a commentary kind of guy, but I've just listened to Cyd & Jaz discussing "Return of the Cybernauts" and it was great!

I'm going to have to go back through the sets and re-watch all the episodes that have them now.
I think the only other one I've listened to/watched was the Martin Woodhouse one, I have fond memories of Martin and wanted to hear what he had to say.[/i]
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darren
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1699
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed Brian Clemens on Brief for Murder and John Hough on The Morning After.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaz
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 391

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The commentaries were fun to do and I think everyone involved enjoyed them. We did five in one day which was pretty exhausting for me but I think they were all ok.
_________________


I ask the most stupid questions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rodney
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem with the commentaries is that if you were on the show you are now in your late 70s, or even older which makes it difficult to recall everything. At least these were done before it was too late.
Back to top
jamieavenger
Nutshell


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to the Peter Wyngarde commentary on Epic. Filled with bizarre, name dropping anecdotes (which Wyngarde tells with relish), that have nothing to do with the episode. Very distracting and not helped by the moderator asking for more Laurence Olivier stories...what do others think?

The rest of the commentaries so far haves been highly informative and amusing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1682

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamieavenger wrote:
Just listened to the Peter Wyngarde commentary on Epic. Filled with bizarre, name dropping anecdotes (which Wyngarde tells with relish), that have nothing to do with the episode. Very distracting and not helped by the moderator asking for more Laurence Olivier stories...what do others think?

The rest of the commentaries so far haves been highly informative and amusing.
I agree. That was a weird one. I recall Peter was not focused at all on the episode and it was a rather weird and disconcerting experience. He was such a brilliant actor on Epic.
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darren
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1699
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just Peter Wyngarde being Peter Wyngarde - it doesn't matter how moderated, they would never have got him to focus purely on the episode. He's a fascinatingly bonkers man.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anti-clockwise
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much


Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 1682

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
It's just Peter Wyngarde being Peter Wyngarde - it doesn't matter how moderated, they would never have got him to focus purely on the episode. He's a fascinatingly bonkers man.
He was the perfect eccentric!
_________________
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MRotten
Winged Avenger


Joined: 14 Oct 2009
Posts: 529
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-clockwise wrote:
jamieavenger wrote:
Just listened to the Peter Wyngarde commentary on Epic. Filled with bizarre, name dropping anecdotes (which Wyngarde tells with relish), that have nothing to do with the episode. Very distracting and not helped by the moderator asking for more Laurence Olivier stories...what do others think?

The rest of the commentaries so far haves been highly informative and amusing.
I agree. That was a weird one. I recall Peter was not focused at all on the episode and it was a rather weird and disconcerting experience. He was such a brilliant actor on Epic.


Yes, and don't forget Wyngarde's memorable turn in "A Touch of Brimstone" as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4170
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodney wrote:
The main problem with the commentaries is that if you were on the show you are now in your late 70s, or even older which makes it difficult to recall everything. At least these were done before it was too late.



amen!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lhbizness
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 975

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Julie Stevens' commentary on A Chorus of Frogs. She seems like a very sweet, down-to-earth person, and she had nice things to say about a very strange part of the era. She made me like Venus more.
_________________
"It's a conflict of science and humanity! Equations, isotherms...I have a dynamic too."

Avengers Episode Reviews: The Undertakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JohnSteedFr
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Posts: 948
Location: Resagne Hall

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lhbizness wrote:
I liked Julie Stevens' commentary on A Chorus of Frogs. She seems like a very sweet, down-to-earth person, and she had nice things to say about a very strange part of the era. She made me like Venus more.


Ditto! Very Happy

I love the difference she makes between Venus 1 and 2. I didn't really see her as an Avengers girl before but I've changed my mind now, thanks to Julie Stevens.
_________________
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darren
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1699
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie Stevens is so lovely isn't she.

I had a similar influential change of heart for Jennifer Croxton. I couldn't stand Forbes in Killer but Jennifer was so lovely on the commentary that it softened my impression of Forbes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnSteedFr
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Posts: 948
Location: Resagne Hall

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Julie Stevens is so lovely isn't she.

I had a similar influential change of heart for Jennifer Croxton. I couldn't stand Forbes in Killer but Jennifer was so lovely on the commentary that it softened my impression of Forbes.


The Jennifer Croxton commentary is among my favorites! Very Happy
A shame we weren't able to meet her at Avengers50th (she couldn't make it to the event). By the way, does she have a fanmail address? I'd love to have an autograph from her.

What she says in the commentary also changes some of the myths that surrounded the Bryce Era for years, everything sounded great at the time she was filming Invitation to a Killing.
_________________
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4170
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodney wrote:
The main problem with the commentaries is that if you were on the show you are now in your late 70s, or even older which makes it difficult to recall everything. At least these were done before it was too late.


amen....mid 60's here..for this old bird...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 579
Location: Northampton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just getting back into commentaries on various series, having not listened to any for a while, and the first Avengers one I listened to recently was The Winged Avenger; what a nice commentary with the writer it was too! Definitely need to catch up with some more now...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers on DVD/Blu Ray All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com