The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Lost Episodes - New Releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off: Big Finish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Avengerholic
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Location: Avengerland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Julian Wadham said in the Vortex Magazine:

“From what I’ve heard, STUDIOCANAL, who own the rights to The Avengers, have been very pleased with the results of what we’ve done, so who knows, perhaps we could get their permission to do more with Steed and Keel when we’ve finished these episodes?"


That would be fantastic, Fingers crossed there are more to come.
_________________
AVENGERS REPRODUCTION PROPS
https://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php?user_name=Cybernaut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Avengerholic
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Location: Avengerland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE LOST EPISODES VOLUME 07 - Out Today, just off for a cup of Earl Grey and a listen to Dragonsfield Wink
_________________
AVENGERS REPRODUCTION PROPS
https://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php?user_name=Cybernaut


Last edited by Avengerholic on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Macfly77
Thingumajig


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 73

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengerholic wrote:
THE LOST EPISODES VOLUME 07 - Out Today, just off for a cup of Earl Grey and a to listen to Dragonsfield Wink

I would love to do it too, but since my last order with Big Finish, they added a £6,50 per order fee for international orders and I don't really want to buy the downloadable version, as I already own the physical version of the first six volumes.
Maybe adding the second boxset of Prisoner episodes to my basket will make the "per order fee pill" easier to swallow.
Would be easier if The Prisoner hadn't been delayed till August, though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Location: Avengerland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macfly77 wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:
THE LOST EPISODES VOLUME 07 - Out Today, just off for a cup of Earl Grey and a to listen to Dragonsfield Wink

I would love to do it too, but since my last order with Big Finish, they added a £6,50 per order fee for international orders and I don't really want to buy the downloadable version, as I already own the physical version of the first six volumes.
Maybe adding the second boxset of Prisoner episodes to my basket will make the "per order fee pill" easier to swallow.
Would be easier if The Prisoner hadn't been delayed till August, though...


Mmmmm, I'm not sure how things work with overseas orders, Do you not get free shipping if you preorder titles as you do in the UK ?

Drangonsfield was hugely enjoyable, although I did miss the inclusion of Anthony Howell as Keel in this story, he's really what makes these releases for me personally. Probably just me, but I did get a little confused between Lisa & Susan's voices at the end of the final act, I had to go back and replay that section 2 or 3 times.
_________________
AVENGERS REPRODUCTION PROPS
https://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php?user_name=Cybernaut


Last edited by Avengerholic on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Macfly77
Thingumajig


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 73

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengerholic wrote:
Mmmmm, I'm not sure how things work with overseas orders, Do you not get free shipping if you preorder titles as you do in the UK ?

As an international (first, USA, now Belgium) customer, I never got free shipping for my Big Finish orders.
However, the "Per order" fee is fairly new (apparently, the Shipping Rates page of the Big Finish website was updated at the beginning of September).

Per Big Finish's website:

"INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES

All international parcels are shipped via DHL's Global Mail Packet service.

For all international zones, the fees are calculated as follows:

Standard jewel CD (1-2) discs: £1.50 per item
Larger items and box sets: £3.00 per item
Postage costs are cumulative, and also subject to a per order charge of £6.50."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Location: Avengerland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macfly77 wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:
Mmmmm, I'm not sure how things work with overseas orders, Do you not get free shipping if you preorder titles as you do in the UK ?

As an international (first, USA, now Belgium) customer, I never got free shipping for my Big Finish orders.
However, the "Per order" fee is fairly new (apparently, the Shipping Rates page of the Big Finish website was updated at the beginning of September).

Per Big Finish's website:

"INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES

All international parcels are shipped via DHL's Global Mail Packet service.

For all international zones, the fees are calculated as follows:

Standard jewel CD (1-2) discs: £1.50 per item
Larger items and box sets: £3.00 per item
Postage costs are cumulative, and also subject to a per order charge of £6.50."


Eh ! So if you purchase a single CD, you're charged £1.50 postage plus a £6.50 order charge ? Surely not Shocked
_________________
AVENGERS REPRODUCTION PROPS
https://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php?user_name=Cybernaut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Macfly77
Thingumajig


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 73

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengerholic wrote:
Eh ! So if you purchase a single CD, you're charged £1.50 postage plus a £6.50 order charge ? Surely not Shocked

Indeed. Or, in the case of The Lost Episodes Volume 07, £3.00 postage plus £6.50 per order charge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
How to Succeed... at Posting!


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Location: Avengerland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macfly77 wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:
Eh ! So if you purchase a single CD, you're charged £1.50 postage plus a £6.50 order charge ? Surely not Shocked

Indeed. Or, in the case of The Lost Episodes Volume 07, £3.00 postage plus £6.50 per order charge.


Good Lord I'm truly stunned, that's ridiculous !

Loving The Far Distant Dead, great to have a solo Keel episode, especially as he was absent in the previous story. A very fine final set thus far.
_________________
AVENGERS REPRODUCTION PROPS
https://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php?user_name=Cybernaut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off: Big Finish All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com