The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Avengers on stage (1971)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
why bother
Thingumajig


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the script, it was kindly given to me by Mrs Feely, 10 years ago. I am in the process of transcribing it on to computer.
Though there are a few places that I'm having trouble reading Terrance's had scribbled alterations.
Alan wrote:
If I could get hold of it, I'd move heaven and earth to get it out there. No luck so far, though!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, excellent. Cool
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4227
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why bother wrote:
I have the script, it was kindly given to me by Mrs Feely, 10 years ago. I am in the process of transcribing it on to computer.
Though there are a few places that I'm having trouble reading Terrance's had scribbled alterations.
Alan wrote:
If I could get hold of it, I'd move heaven and earth to get it out there. No luck so far, though!


hope you get the chance with this find from the archives..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why bother wrote:
I have the script, it was kindly given to me by Mrs Feely, 10 years ago. I am in the process of transcribing it on to computer.
Though there are a few places that I'm having trouble reading Terrance's had scribbled alterations.
Alan wrote:
If I could get hold of it, I'd move heaven and earth to get it out there. No luck so far, though!


That's amazing! Very Happy I look forward to reading it.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alan
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2982
Location: The Edge of Avengerland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought people would like to know that, with thanks to Jaz Wiseman and Mike Gorman, I've managed to unearth a further 7 photos from the stage show (all publicity shots).

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbooks.co.uk/stage_gallery.htm
(the new ones are the last 7 on the thumbnails page. Click for larger views.
_________________
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger Books
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Darren
Site Admin


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1784
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that's wonderful. So sad none of the leads are still with us. I'd forgotten that Gail Grainger was in the cast - I don't think anyone has ever tracked her down (known for Carry on Abroad).

I've been watching Sue Lloyd in The Baron recently - definitely the highlight of that show.

Thanks for sharing.Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
denis
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 291
Location: France

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb photos with Sue Lloyd.
_________________
Le Monde des Avengers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4023
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
Thought people would like to know that, with thanks to Jaz Wiseman and Mike Gorman, I've managed to unearth a further 7 photos from the stage show (all publicity shots).

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbooks.co.uk/stage_gallery.htm
(the new ones are the last 7 on the thumbnails page. Click for larger views.
Excellent!
_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TangerineSteed
Nutshell


Joined: 09 Jan 2010
Posts: 11
Location: Blackpool

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought the programme from the stage play.

I have no idea how rare it is??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1165

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While clearing the loft today I found some more of the stage play photos I bought in a back street shop in London decades ago , all I can remember was him charging me a kings ransom for them, and at the time I was stupid enough to pay it. Here's one of Kate O'Mara.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paulh
White Dwarf


Joined: 09 Oct 2016
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengerholic wrote:
While clearing the loft today I found some more of the stage play photos I bought in a back street shop in London decades ago , all I can remember was him charging me a kings ransom for them, and at the time I was stupid enough to pay it. Here's one of Kate O'Mara


Great picture - thanks for sharing. I'm really fascinated by this stage play and the character of Hannah Wild. It would have been great to have seen it in the theatre. Hopefully one day Big Finish might record it as an audio book, so at least we would have the opportunity to hear it.
_________________
Old account paulpdjh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avengerholic
Epic


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 1165

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulh wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:
While clearing the loft today I found some more of the stage play photos I bought in a back street shop in London decades ago , all I can remember was him charging me a kings ransom for them, and at the time I was stupid enough to pay it. Here's one of Kate O'Mara


Great picture - thanks for sharing. I'm really fascinated by this stage play and the character of Hannah Wild. It would have been great to have seen it in the theatre. Hopefully one day Big Finish might record it as an audio book, so at least we would have the opportunity to hear it.


Aren't there rumblings of an Avengers musical stage show doing the rounds?
_________________
Replica Avengers Props
https://avengerholic.simplesite.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paulh
White Dwarf


Joined: 09 Oct 2016
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I heard some rumours about an Avengers stage musical. I have to admit I'm in two minds about it as musicals really aren't my thing! However, if it does get the go ahead and is done well, it could be interesting and help bring the show at a wider audience.
_________________
Old account paulpdjh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Spun-Off All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com