The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diana Rigg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The People Behind The Avengers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberrich wrote:
It's great that Mother Love is being repeated on the BBC soon. I saw this again recently. It was her best TV role since The Avengers. She was brilliant in this role.
Straight after the first episode tonight, there is a classic "Face to Face" (1997?) interview with Diana, which is on until 11:30pm (GMT/UTC).

After tomorrow's episode, there's an interview with Diana by Mark Lawson.
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was kind of amazing. The dame of dangerous ladies. DDR was the same age in it as I am now watching it - I can't help but sympathise with her: you don't cross Medea, you don't cross Klytemnestra or Mrs Peel. You certainly don't cross Helena, even as a child...

Brilliant 1997 interview afterwards too. Very personal, in the usual Face To Face way.
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 5972
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
cyberrich wrote:
It's great that Mother Love is being repeated on the BBC soon. I saw this again recently. It was her best TV role since The Avengers. She was brilliant in this role.
Straight after the first episode tonight, there is a classic "Face to Face" (1997?) interview with Diana, which is on until 11:30pm (GMT/UTC).

After tomorrow's episode, there's an interview with Diana by Mark Lawson.


when was that interview by Lawson done ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:

when was that interview by Lawson done ?
First shown in 2011.
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Love - the concluding half.

Slightly less economical than the first half, I felt, which is surprising given it's Andrew Davies writing and Ken Riddington producing, who wasted not a single second or word in A Very Peculiar Practice shortly before (probably the best TV series of the 1980s, and certainly since). But by God did Diana Rigg shine with a glorious light as the the embodiment of Nemesis. If any of us could press an "off" button on those who've betrayed us, wouldn't we do so in an instant?



_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 5972
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Mother Love - the concluding half.

Slightly less economical than the first half, I felt, which is surprising given it's Andrew Davies writing and Ken Riddington producing, who wasted not a single second or word in A Very Peculiar Practice shortly before (probably the best TV series of the 1980s, and certainly since). But by God did Diana Rigg shine with a glorious light as the the embodiment of Nemesis. If any of us could press an "off" button on those who've betrayed us, wouldn't we do so in an instant?




I have always liked David as an actor. good chops. Much better than people give him credit to..and Diana, shines as well..dealing with him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes McCallum was brilliant in this. Absolutely convincing as usual.
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 5972
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Yes McCallum was brilliant in this. Absolutely convincing as usual.


exactly...and Diana plays off quite well...great piece of work..on all counts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is on the BBC right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvykSqmhrS4
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you think it can't get any better, Gordon Jackson turns up.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7w63f9
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 5972
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
When you think it can't get any better, Gordon Jackson turns up.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7w63f9


the best thing about accessing that link, is two quick videos with Diana come up...first being her 1970 Take on OHMSS, the second, her last episode as Mrs. Peel...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cyberrich
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 1311
Location: Midlands, U.K.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Black Narcissus which is shown over 3 nights, Dec 27th-29th on BBC1 at 9pm. The trailer shows promise. I believe it's Diana's penultimate role. Her final role is in the psychological horror movie Last night in Soho released next April, if cinemas are open by then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberrich
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Posts: 1311
Location: Midlands, U.K.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I watched Diana's Face to face interview from 1997. I watched it back in the day but it was great to see it again. Diana always comes across as a very thoughtful intelligent person. She mentions that one day when she's older she will be playing small roles, which leads me to Black Narcissus. I'd heard her role was small in this but I wasn't expecting it to be so small. Diana never gives a bad performance and she doesn't here, but this role is certainly not worthy of her talents. Happily she's had other roles in her twilight years that I have enjoyed. She was excellent in Game of thrones, and delightful in All creatures great and small.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant in Detectorists too.
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 5972
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberrich wrote:
Today I watched Diana's Face to face interview from 1997. I watched it back in the day but it was great to see it again. Diana always comes across as a very thoughtful intelligent person. She mentions that one day when she's older she will be playing small roles, which leads me to Black Narcissus. I'd heard her role was small in this but I wasn't expecting it to be so small. Diana never gives a bad performance and she doesn't here, but this role is certainly not worthy of her talents. Happily she's had other roles in her twilight years that I have enjoyed. She was excellent in Game of thrones, and delightful in All creatures great and small.


it's not the size of the role, per say ..it's the material and how well it was delivered..over the years, there has been some stunning performances by actors/actresses in ' small roles' ......then again, some acting jobs are taken, simply for the pay cheque
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
darren
Mission... Highly Improbable!


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2075
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1304055419753631745

A clip of Diana from 1964 being interview about joining The Avengers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousemeat wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Something wonderful came in the mail today. I am enjoying it very much. Diana's humour and compassion comes through, and her absolute love of acting and actors. It's like she is talking directly into your ear.




wow, this looks to be a interesting read....I need to track it down...
Wow, it's now going for 84 on Amazon marketplace, and that's a damaged paperback copy! Mine's in nicer condition.... what an investment it turned out to be Smile
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 5972
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Something wonderful came in the mail today. I am enjoying it very much. Diana's humour and compassion comes through, and her absolute love of acting and actors. It's like she is talking directly into your ear.




wow, this looks to be a interesting read....I need to track it down...
Wow, it's now going for 84 on Amazon marketplace, and that's a damaged paperback copy! Mine's in nicer condition.... what an investment it turned out to be Smile


yeah, I recently picked up one in near mint...for cheap....still pinching myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
frank
Little Wonder


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 247
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know if there was a better place to put this, but didn't any of you catch the premiere of Season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race UK?

One of the drag queen contestants, Lawrence Chainey, came out as Diana Rigg in the suit from Fear Merchants. The runway theme was gay icons and his choice was Dame Diana.

Lawrence is a big person but the costume designer nailed a recreation of that catsuit. And I love the fact a 23 year old looks up to her
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5419
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wonderful. Wish I could see it. My TV blew up!
_________________
Last watched: "The Gilded Cage"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The People Behind The Avengers All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 34 of 38

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com