The CLOSED Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The CLOSED Avengers International Fan Forum
WE HAVE MOVED!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gerry O'Hara (1924-2022)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CLOSED Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The People Behind The Avengers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5671
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject: Gerry O'Hara (1924-2022) Reply with quote

Sad news that Gerry O'Hara, director of two Series 4 episodes, has passed away. 98 is a ripe old age though! Rodney Marshall mentions it on his Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RodneyMarshall1/status/1615413041432072193
_________________
Last watched: "The Medicine Men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 6312
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Gerry O'Hara (1924-2022) Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Sad news that Gerry O'Hara, director of two Series 4 episodes, has passed away. 98 is a ripe old age though! Rodney Marshall mentions it on his Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RodneyMarshall1/status/1615413041432072193



what a career.....and lived to a ripe old age...98...whoa !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Andrew Pixley
Winged Avenger


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 516

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was very sad news. I was able to chat to Gerry a couple of times over the years and he was very kind and helpful.

RIP Gerry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Allard
The Ministry


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 2076
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news.

Director of the very visually pleasing episodes (The Hour that Never Was and Small Game for Big Hunters), especially the former.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 6312
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allard wrote:
Sad news.

Director of the very visually pleasing episodes (The Hour that Never Was and Small Game for Big Hunters), especially the former.


myself, always loved The hour that never was...one of my top 10 episodes of the Peel era..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Frankymole
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5671
Location: Carmadoc Research Establishment

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small Game For Big Hunters is a very underrated episode. It was a pleasure to rediscover it and write about it for Rodney's "Bright Horizons" book. The casting, direction and dialogue is top notch.
_________________
Last watched: "The Medicine Men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J.Mac3
Thingumajig


Joined: 26 Jun 2015
Posts: 92
Location: western Massachusetts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Small Game For Big Hunters is a very underrated episode. It was a pleasure to rediscover it and write about it for Rodney's "Bright Horizons" book. The casting, direction and dialogue is top notch.


Agreed! This episode has grown on me over the years. It touches all bases: witty dialogue, icy mastermind, and a wonderful crackpot in Bill Fraser as Colonel Rawlings. He alone is worth the watching. (That and some beautiful shots of Diana.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mousemeat
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 6312
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Mac3 wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Small Game For Big Hunters is a very underrated episode. It was a pleasure to rediscover it and write about it for Rodney's "Bright Horizons" book. The casting, direction and dialogue is top notch.


Agreed! This episode has grown on me over the years. It touches all bases: witty dialogue, icy mastermind, and a wonderful crackpot in Bill Fraser as Colonel Rawlings. He alone is worth the watching. (That and some beautiful shots of Diana.)



well, she was a feast for the eyes..and had a mind like a steel trap. what's not to like ? in fact, we were blessed with 4 Avengers women.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The CLOSED Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The People Behind The Avengers All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com