The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Bates: Fashion Designer book
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The People Behind The Avengers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article on John Bates which mentions 'The Avengers' several times:

http://tinyurl.com/5oyfn7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! Very Happy
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! Very Happy


Yes, indeed beautiful photos of Diana
!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! Very Happy


Yes, indeed beautiful photos of Diana
!


I can't believe they've been locked away so long! I only wish there were more of them. I can't wait to look at it properly. I'm almost afraid to touch the pages lest I fingerprint them up! Laughing
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! Very Happy


Yes, indeed beautiful photos of Diana
!


I can't believe they've been locked away so long! I only wish there were more of them. I can't wait to look at it properly. I'm almost afraid to touch the pages lest I fingerprint them up! Laughing


You'd be surprised how many new 'old' photos of Diana turn up!!! We get a surprise almost every month at MoR!!! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! Very Happy


Yes, indeed beautiful photos of Diana
!


I can't believe they've been locked away so long! I only wish there were more of them. I can't wait to look at it properly. I'm almost afraid to touch the pages lest I fingerprint them up! Laughing


You'd be surprised how many new 'old' photos of Diana turn up!!! We get a surprise almost every month at MoR!!! Very Happy


I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. Very Happy
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
I just got my copy of this yesterday. I had no idea it was a big hardback. Absolutely gorgeous photos of Diana, some of the loveliest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read it when I get some time. I'm no longer in need of a coffee table book! Very Happy


Yes, indeed beautiful photos of Diana
!


I can't believe they've been locked away so long! I only wish there were more of them. I can't wait to look at it properly. I'm almost afraid to touch the pages lest I fingerprint them up! Laughing


You'd be surprised how many new 'old' photos of Diana turn up!!! We get a surprise almost every month at MoR!!! Very Happy


I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. Very Happy


No, it's great to get these surprises from time to time Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4034
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:

I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. Very Happy
There were tons of them, unique ones in negative and positive slide form, that went in that huge Avengers colelction on Ebay a few years back for thousands of dollars - lots of studio and publicity pics that no-one else has seen or owned before. I do wish I could have afforded them, they'd be public domain by now because they deserve to be seen!


_________________
Last watched: The Man in the Mirror.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. Very Happy
There were tons of them, unique ones in negative and positive slide form, that went in that huge Avengers colelction on Ebay a few years back for thousands of dollars - lots of studio and publicity pics that no-one else has seen or owned before. I do wish I could have afforded them, they'd be public domain by now because they deserve to be seen!



I remember that auction. I wanted to bid on it so badly but I didn't have anywhere near the amount it was going for. They were mostly of Diana, but I saw one or two of Gareth that I would have dearly loved to have. Every time I see an original photo auction on ebay, I wonder if it came from that lot.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

I can imagine. There are an insane number of pictures socked away that have never seen the light of day, and I still manage to come up with Avengers ones I've never seen in my life. Even the recent TNA soundtrack had three shots I'd never seen before. Not that I'm complaining. Very Happy
There were tons of them, unique ones in negative and positive slide form, that went in that huge Avengers colelction on Ebay a few years back for thousands of dollars - lots of studio and publicity pics that no-one else has seen or owned before. I do wish I could have afforded them, they'd be public domain by now because they deserve to be seen!



I remember that auction. I wanted to bid on it so badly but I didn't have anywhere near the amount it was going for. They were mostly of Diana, but I saw one or two of Gareth that I would have dearly loved to have. Every time I see an original photo auction on ebay, I wonder if it came from that lot.


Me too - I think I saved the small images from those auctions to my computer...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size are the pics? Any chance of scanning them and posting them here?

Is Diana featured a lot in the book?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are about 4 or 5 of Diana, plus a page of costume designs. The whole book is just lovely, though. I want to take some time to look at it properly.

I have a couple of shots from that auction saved as well. Pretty small though--standard ebay shot of a bunch of 8x10's all spread out.
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The People Behind The Avengers All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com