The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index The Avengers International Fan Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

David K. Smiths "Avengers Forever" site - missing
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4013
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: David K. Smiths "Avengers Forever" site - missing Reply with quote

Help!

Where has it gone??
_________________
Last watched: Lobster Quadrille.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kim
The Ministry


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 1838
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my. I wonder if he's taken it down or if there's just a problem with the server.
_________________
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed it, too. "Police Surgeon" is also AWOL, but both are still linked on his homepage. The main theavengers.tv gateway page is gone, too, but all the other pages (Dead Duck, Artland, AOR, etc.) are still online, though. I fear the worst. Crying or Very sad
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kim
The Ministry


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 1838
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do I. Crying or Very sad
_________________
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dandy Forsdyke
Diabolical Mastermind


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 5281
Location: Camberwick Green

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a great shame if TAF disappeared, after all David's time devoted to the site and his hard work. I hope it's just a blip, as I know he had problems wih his server before.

My other favourite (non-Avengers related) website went down recently too. This I know was just temporary, fingers crossed this is too...

Let's hope David sends us a message soon. Wink
_________________

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DiVicenzo
The Big Thinker


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1478

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about David last night and wondered how he was doing. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kim
The Ministry


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 1838
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Message from David Reply with quote

Kim--

No, the site has not come down, and I have no problem accessing the site. So it must be an issue with the internet itself.

Regards,
David

There you have it folks. A temporary glitch then. Thanks for the info David.

Kim
_________________
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sam
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 461
Location: Gilbert, AZ

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get to any of them either except Alan's site (Avengers on the Radio).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kim
The Ministry


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 1838
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a day or two more and see if it doesn't correct itself.
_________________
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still not coming up for me, and the order of Police Surgeon and TAF has turned around on his homepage for some funny reason, but it's good to know it hasn't come down. Thanks for the info, Kim!
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Philippa
The Big Thinker


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 1381
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really glad it hasn't come down, that would've been such a shame!
_________________
My Joanna Lumley Fan Forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Whiskers
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 472
Location: Welham Green

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling of dread for a few moments there.

Losing TAF would be awful. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Khell
Thingumajig


Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! I hope it'll be up again, soon!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dissolute
The Ministry


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 1419
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a backup of it after he announced it was mothballed (like HMS Pyrocanthus).
I wish I'd done the other parst as well, I only stored TAF, I should definitely have captured Avengers Illustrated, Deadline & AOR as well as Police Surgeon.
(DDR & Los V. were less important to me)

Here's the WHOIS:
Quote:

Registration Service Provided By: Demand Media
Contact:

Domain name: theavengers.tv

Administrative Contact:

David Smith ()

Technical Contact:

David Smith ()

Registrant Contact:

David Smith ()

Status: Locked

Name Servers:
NS1.UPLINKEARTHHOSTING.COM
NS2.UPLINKEARTHHOSTING.COM

Creation date: 08 Dec 2000 15:03:45
Expiration date: 08 Dec 2009 15:03:00


Looks like the domain has become locked for some reason - shouldn't be, it doesn't expire until the end of the year. Maybe David didn't pay his hosting bill...
_________________
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.


Last edited by dissolute on Fri May 22, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam
Have Fingers... Will Type!


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 461
Location: Gilbert, AZ

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locked just means that information can't be changed until it's unlocked. It's an extra safety precaution. All of my domains are normally locked as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kim
The Ministry


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 1838
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you saw from the message David sent me, he was unaware there was a problem since he had no trouble accessing the site. Therefore, I'd say it was an issue with the server. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, I'll contact him again. He may have to do something on his end. However, let's not push the issue. He's an extremly busy man and I'm quite sure that even though people here miss the site, it's not exactly on the top of his priority list.

David has assured us in the past that the site will stay up and I have no doubt that he means it. Stuff happens and I'm sure it will be corrected in due time.
_________________
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Timeless A-Peel
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: New Scotland, Canada

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dissolute wrote:
I took a backup of it after he announced it was mothballed (like HMS Pyrocanthus).
I wish I'd done the other parst as well, I only stored TAF, I should definitely have captured Avengers Illustrated, Deadline & AOR as well as Police Surgeon.
(DDR & Los V. were less important to me)


Only TAF and Police Surgeon have been affected. A quick internet search proves that all the other avengers.tv sites are still up and working properly--Artland, Dead Duck, Deadline, Illustrated, Los Vengadores, and AOR. (DDR was already gone, as we all know).
_________________
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?



Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frankymole
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4013
Location: Carmadoc research establishment

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kim wrote:
As you saw from the message David sent me, he was unaware there was a problem since he had no trouble accessing the site. Therefore, I'd say it was an issue with the server. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, I'll contact him again. He may have to do something on his end. However, let's not push the issue. He's an extremly busy man and I'm quite sure that even though people here miss the site, it's not exactly on the top of his priority list.

David has assured us in the past that the site will stay up and I have no doubt that he means it. Stuff happens and I'm sure it will be corrected in due time.
I can live without the site for a few days. What worried me was if anything had happened to David! I've had too many friends and acquaintances who I have first found out some disaster befell them when they went "offline" - heck, it even happend to me, most of my friends found out that I had had a stroke and was in hospital as I didn't MSN/Messenger them!

Thank goodness Kim is in touch with David so there was no need to worry this time Smile
_________________
Last watched: Lobster Quadrille.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kim
The Ministry


Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 1838
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankymole wrote:
kim wrote:
As you saw from the message David sent me, he was unaware there was a problem since he had no trouble accessing the site. Therefore, I'd say it was an issue with the server. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, I'll contact him again. He may have to do something on his end. However, let's not push the issue. He's an extremly busy man and I'm quite sure that even though people here miss the site, it's not exactly on the top of his priority list.

David has assured us in the past that the site will stay up and I have no doubt that he means it. Stuff happens and I'm sure it will be corrected in due time.
I can live without the site for a few days. What worried me was if anything had happened to David! I've had too many friends and acquaintances who I have first found out some disaster befell them when they went "offline" - heck, it even happend to me, most of my friends found out that I had had a stroke and was in hospital as I didn't MSN/Messenger them!

Thank goodness Kim is in touch with David so there was no need to worry this time Smile


Yes, it can be quite scary when someone you've been in constant contact with suddenly dissapears. It's not so bad when it's someone you can go to their home and check on them, or contact their family and other friends for news, but when it's someone who lives far away or lives in another country and you don't have contact with anyone else who knows them....*shudder* you get panicked. I get very worried when our regular posters on here don't post for awhile.

So here is a new rule for the forum. You must provide the members of the ministry with your full name, phone number, cell phone number, home address, six emergency contacts and their home and cell phone numbers, the name of your doctors, lawyers, babysitters, pets, blood type, license plate numbers, two forms of id, a list of any medications you are currently taking and your current temperature. You have until eight a.m. today eastern standard time. It is now seven thirty a.m est so get cracking. Laughing
_________________
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mousemeat
A Touch of Brimstone


Joined: 04 Sep 2008
Posts: 4170
Location: Elvis Central, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kim wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
kim wrote:
As you saw from the message David sent me, he was unaware there was a problem since he had no trouble accessing the site. Therefore, I'd say it was an issue with the server. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, I'll contact him again. He may have to do something on his end. However, let's not push the issue. He's an extremly busy man and I'm quite sure that even though people here miss the site, it's not exactly on the top of his priority list.

David has assured us in the past that the site will stay up and I have no doubt that he means it. Stuff happens and I'm sure it will be corrected in due time.
I can live without the site for a few days. What worried me was if anything had happened to David! I've had too many friends and acquaintances who I have first found out some disaster befell them when they went "offline" - heck, it even happend to me, most of my friends found out that I had had a stroke and was in hospital as I didn't MSN/Messenger them!

Thank goodness Kim is in touch with David so there was no need to worry this time Smile


Yes, it can be quite scary when someone you've been in constant contact with suddenly dissapears. It's not so bad when it's someone you can go to their home and check on them, or contact their family and other friends for news, but when it's someone who lives far away or lives in another country and you don't have contact with anyone else who knows them....*shudder* you get panicked. I get very worried when our regular posters on here don't post for awhile.

So here is a new rule for the forum. You must provide the members of the ministry with your full name, phone number, cell phone number, home address, six emergency contacts and their home and cell phone numbers, the name of your doctors, lawyers, babysitters, pets, blood type, license plate numbers, two forms of id, a list of any medications you are currently taking and your current temperature. You have until eight a.m. today eastern standard time. It is now seven thirty a.m est so get cracking. Laughing



me bones..be creaking !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Avengers International Fan Forum Forum Index -> The Avengers Online All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com